Old stock Valvoline Nextgen conventional good to use ??

I used Nextgen 5W-30 conventional for a few oil changes when Oreilly had it on clearance, and combined with a mail in rebate. I had no issues with it whatsoever. It was the only conventional oil I’ve ever used in my Pontiac. No oil consumption at all with it.

Thanks all on the feedback (y):cool:

Realizing now that HOT summer months are gonna hit here in Texas soon and have a CRAZY big supply of Castrol GTX 10W40 I'm gonna use for now since my SUV has over 300K mile !!

Probably will save the "Nextgen stash" for a "Quick flip" car to run for 500-1000 miles and flush out and/or for another work truck I might buy down the line

Mike

I bought several bottles of NextGen when it went on clearance at WM. Ran it with no problems and that car is still running today. My biggest problem with NextGen was that is was the same price as 'regular' Valvoline. At least give some incentive to use it.

I would not use NextGen. Invest in "sure thing" oils at a reasonable price. There are well priced SP/GF-6A oils in appropriate viscosities. Isn't your Tahoe worth it ?

Yes I LOVE my SUV. It's my "work beater" and has NOT let me down at all !!!
She has the LSX 5.3 Vortec, Factory towing package with 3:73-G80 limited slip, Touchscreen WIFI radio and ICE COLD A/C A guy cant ask for more in a SUV !!! :cool: (y)

With these current "Symptoms"
300K miles
Lifter noise
+100 temp Texas summer coming soon. I'm gonna stick with the 10W40 Castrol GTX conventional for now

Just save the Nextgen for another vehicle or to use as "flush out" oil

I would not use NextGen. Invest in "sure thing" oils at a reasonable price. There are well priced SP/GF-6A oils in appropriate viscosities. Isn't your Tahoe worth it ?
How is NextGen not a "sure thing"?
No need for a SP rated oil when you have perfectly useable SL/SM rated oil to use in an engine probably rated for SJ/SL.

I also have some 'Nextgen' in both conventional and full synthetic...I have no issue using it in my non GDI vehicles. I may mix it 50/50 with my full syn. Napa or Valvoline from the same (SN---sodium containing) era...I agree the pricing hurt Nextgen sales.

Yes I LOVE my SUV. It's my "work beater" and has NOT let me down at all !!!
She has the LSX 5.3 Vortec, Factory towing package with 3:73-G80 limited slip, Touchscreen WIFI radio and ICE COLD A/C A guy cant ask for more in a SUV !!! :cool: (y)

With these current "Symptoms"
300K miles
Lifter noise
+100 temp Texas summer coming soon. I'm gonna stick with the 10W40 Castrol GTX conventional for now

Just save the Nextgen for another vehicle or to use as "flush out" oil
LOL. Forgot I was dealing with old school Thickies.

I used VWB 5W30 in my 2000 Silverado 4.8L for 300k miles.

Do your thing.

The neon green bottle repulses me.

That's all I got... :giggle:

LOL. Forgot I was dealing with old school Thickies.

I used VWB 5W30 in my 2000 Silverado 4.8L for 300k miles.

Do your thing.

The neon green bottle repulses me.

That's all I got... :giggle:

LOL, I also have a '08 Silverado 4.8 with around 200K miles. For now she's also running 5W30. Shell RGT

I kinda like the 90's green bottles they came in. But Free-$1 a qt they can be pink/yellow for all I care lol. All goes in trash either way

"Michael Knight"

Back