old stock of motul 300v power SG rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
just came across a couple of liters of the old style motul 300v power oil, i can tell its old coz it comes in a metal can and it still has a SG rating. would this oil be safe to use? i don't think oil has an expiration date, but just wanted to ask you guys to be on the safe side.

thanks for the response. in your opinion, would an SG oil be harmful to my catalytic converter? or am i just being paranoid? just opened the can and the oil is green in color, looks like good stuff

quote:

Originally posted by an2ny888:
just came across a couple of liters of the old style motul 300v power oil, i can tell its old coz it comes in a metal can and it still has a SG rating. would this oil be safe to use? i don't think oil has an expiration date, but just wanted to ask you guys to be on the safe side.

If it is the 5W40(i bet the answer will be yes) ,then it is not an old stock .They formulate it this way till today or at least till the end of 2003 when they upgrade it with double esters.
All the other viscosities in 300V line are SH rated.

[ March 21, 2004, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: yannis ]

yup ur right its 5w40. picked it up for $4 a liter, not a bad price
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Primus:
Heard some claims that in fact Motul 300V range does not outperform the best competitors PAO based oils because Motul uses some cheap esters.

Hope MolaKule, our guru, could clarify what are these complex esters from Motul and what he thinks about their advantages and disadvantages.

http://www.motul.co.jp/eg/fact_sheets/estel_oil.html

I think he had pointed in the past (4-5 months ago) that motul's complex esters are state-of-the art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back