Old school Pennzoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped in at my local 'zone today to see what oil was on sale, and was looking at their Pennzoil conventional selection, and 6 old looking bottles with red caps caught my eye. It was Pennzoil 10w-30, it had SJ on the donut on the back and I believe was GF2. It also had a short blurb on the back about their additive pack, but I forget what they were calling it. I don't know what dark corner they dug this stuff out of, but how old is it guys?

Last edited:
from the wiki

Current API service categories include SM, SL and SJ for gasoline engines. All previous service designations are obsolete, although motorcycle oils commonly still use the SF/SG standard.

SJ ---"Current For 2001 and older automotive engines."

Last edited:
Probably came out of some BITOG guy's stash.

Rotating his inventory!!!!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Probably came out of some BITOG guy's stash.

Rotating his inventory!!!!
LOL.gif

[censored], there on to me...
45.gif

I don't know what it was, but while looking for a pic, I found an oil photo of Johnny's wife, Penny.

deh_pennzoil_0322+Z.jpg

Foxy....

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
One Kmart in my area still has the Pennzoil Synthetic quarts with the little handle, must be about 7 years old.

LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
One Kmart in my area still has the Pennzoil Synthetic quarts with the little handle, must be about 7 years old.

You might be right. I remember using that stuff in my Festiva when I was commuting to tech school, and that was 8 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back