Old school bra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 4 year old VW that has a few rock chips and recently did some DIY minor paint chip repair . It is probably not going to be able to have a clear bra because of the imperfections and I am not about to get the front end resprayed. Has anyone tried a Colgan bra, and if so are there any issues with this brand? Just want to prevent further rock chipping..

I had Colgan and LeBra. I only used them for protection on road trips. I preferred Colgan but either will work well for your purpose. Appearance is the main objection. Sun fade will make exposed paint obvious if it is on for a long time.

Anything touching the car's paint is going to move around some.....think like a fine grit sand paper.....

Like Schmoe said, dirt will collect under the bra and wind buffeting will cause paint damage, that is why they are not as popular as they once were. You would be better-off using a clear spray-on product like 3M Paint Defender Spray Film or roll-on product like Road Warrior Plus Paint Protection Film. As these kinds of products are not permanent, they will have to be reapplied periodically.

Oem bras are the only ones that have a perfect fit. Colgan bras are super tough and almost indestructible,but the fit is never right on.

I've also had Colgan and LeBra. The Colgan was beefier and more expensive. It fit great in my application. The LeBra was on the car nearly 7 yrs. Other than some minor fading, it still fitted great.

Originally Posted by zzyzzx
So there is no clear Plasti-dip type of thing for this?
You obviously didn't read my post above.

Originally Posted by whizbyu
Is the 3M paint defender spray a glossy product?
Matte. Both of the products are. You can see that it is on there but it doesn't look bad. If you don't like the way that it looks you can peel it right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back