old lawnmower service?

The 5w40 is probably more stout. Aircooled engines see higher oil temps than water-cooled cars.

Originally Posted by slybunda
Ahh thats handy. I got left over 5w30 and 5w40 from the cars is mixing oil ok?

Yesss...

A3/B4/C3.....that has HTHS 3.5+....its all u need

Trough the season....use normal gas....and @last lawn refill with....Aspen4 or Aspen2

https://aspenfuel.co.uk/

Till next season...

These things aren't real picky about oil, fuel or being stored wet or dry.
Mixing oil is of no concern. I'd prefer the leftover 5W-40 but the amount this engine needs is less than a quart on a drain and the UK is typically not that hot a climate anyway.
Don't overthink this as these are very durable engines that suffer abuse without flinching.
Just ensure that there's always an adequate quantity of oil in the sump.

Any benefit to running high octane fuel in these engines or should i just run the regular 95 ron?

Any benefit to running high octane fuel in these engines or should i just run the regular 95 ron?

I can't see any advantage. 2 stroke, yes 4 stroke ope , no.

Originally Posted by eljefino
The 5w40 is probably more stout. Aircooled engines see higher oil temps than water-cooled cars.

This is a fallacy that I wish would JUST die. it may be true in air-cooled porsches, but modern OPE doesn't run hot.

No....you are operating low compression L-head engine here....as long as its liquid and it can burn...it will work...
smile.gif

High revving 2stroke engines are a different story...!

is it good to run some 2 stroke in the petrol for this mower? or should i just keep using regular petrol without mixing any oil in it?

Use regular....

....but I often burn premixed fuel at the end of the season in either lawnmover or later in my snowthrower... Since 2stroke engines are a little fincky if fuel is "old" (more then a month old)....and low compresion 4strokes are not!

Back