Old Laptop - New SSD Results with Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new favorite paste for heatsink is the Prolimatech PK2 that came with my Megahalems Rev C which is currently keeping my Intel 6600k over clocked at 4.8 ghz at near water cooled temperatures. (62C at 100% linpack non AVX load) This stuff is super easy to apply I use the pea sized amount in the middle and my temp are awesome, Arctic silver 5 used to be my favorite but honestly the performance of AS5 has been surpassed so much somehow.

Also not sure that it matters now but I just looked closer at each of our PNY ssd from the user benchmark and yours is the budget model it looks like I have the black one with flames on it the PNY CS2111 XLR8 240 gb model.

Seems I'm getting better benchmarks than I was on my AMD rig, but the write speeds are still lacking compared to Samsung Pro drives.

I replaced my HDD with a SSD a while back on my laptop. Any SSD is better than a HDD, even a "slow" SSD.

I wish I had an i5. I have a Gateway ML6230 from 2007 that came with 512mb RAM, a 1.6 Ghz Celeron M 520, 120 gig 5200 RPM HDD and Windows Vista. Ran horribly with Vista, with an extra 512 of RAM (1 gig total) XP ran well on it.
I have upgraded the RAM to 2 mb (max the system can use, hardware limited, not software), swapped CPU's (T7200 Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 Ghz), OCZ 60 gig SSD (This was when 60 gig SSD's were around $60) and Windows 10.
I still use this laptop daily, works for what I need (though I wish it allowed for more RAM). Windows 10 runs fine on it, as does MS Office and web browsing. Battery lasts a little over a hour, but have seen replacements on Amazon for like $12.

Any "heavy" stuff I used my desktop for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back