Old fathfull friend died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta watch those PennDOT road warning signs that say "BUMP" they may be more than just a bump. My lower plow mount caught the backside of this so called "bump" and this is the result. Truck is totaled, very front of frame is bent like a hocky stick. I torched the bent part off and it is now my new woods truck and will be retired from daily driver service a little earlier than expected.
wreckedtruck.jpg

Last edited:
I'm curious if that was a Fisher plow setup instead of Meyer,would the result have been the same? (your mount looks to be attached to the front of the frame only,unlike Fisher's extended stress bar that extends behind the front wheels).

woodstruck.jpg

Here it is now...a little crooked but works good for the woods. Now I have to fab up a bumper to protect the rad.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I'm curious if that was a Fisher plow setup instead of Meyer,would the result have been the same? (your mount looks to be attached to the front of the frame only,unlike Fisher's extended stress bar that extends behind the front wheels).

It was a Western plow. See the after pic. the C channel frame that was cut should be straight normally but instead it's bent down and towards the passenger side. My poor dog got thrown into the dash (she's ok though). The rear of the truck came off the ground too. Wasn't a fun ordeal...

Originally Posted By: cchase
Why do you have a plow on your truck right now?
I know what you're thinking...to light of a truck.
I sold my atv with a plow and didn't have a choice due to $. Local mechanic had one that would fit and mounted it up for me cheap. I bought airbags for the front springs to help with the weight. Not ideal but worked good. Now I know better and am looking for a HD truck to do it right.

Hey ridgerunner, get a dog harness that buckles into the seat belts. Works great, got it after a close call in my car a few years ago. Glad your doggie is ok

I thought "Old Faithful" was a dog too.
Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
Hey ridgerunner, get a dog harness that buckles into the seat belts. Works great, got it after a close call in my car a few years ago. Glad your doggie is ok

Originally Posted By: FirstNissan

Thank you, I'll look into that dog belt thingy. She rides with me everywhere.

Originally Posted By: ethangsmith
Where in PA are you? Here in Lancaster County the roads suck pretty bad!

Tioga County in N. Central PA. Roads are torn to heck and back due to natural gas drilling heavy truck traffic!!

Yep. Quite familiar with the area. 287 between Jersey Shore and Morris is scary and 414 below Blackwell is totally shut down! What a mess!

Originally Posted By: ridgerunner
I sold my atv with a plow and didn't have a choice due to $. Local mechanic had one that would fit and mounted it up for me cheap. I bought airbags for the front springs to help with the weight. Not ideal but worked good. Now I know better and am looking for a HD truck to do it right.

No, I mean in October why do you have a plow on already?

Originally Posted By: ridgerunner

No, I mean in October why do you have a plow on already?

The plow mount/lights/hydrolic ram etc. is bolted to the truck frame. The plow itself is hooked on when needed and was not on when this mishap occured. It is an old style plow system so it remains on the truck at all times. Newer models can remove most of that stuff off the truck now and is a much better option giving more ground clearence and less weight.

Ouch. Poor truck.

I hate those "bumps." The DOT dug up a section of a major road by my house. It had to have been a 3" or so drop because you had to slow to almost a stop to not get slammed around. They put in asphalt ramps on top of some kind of paper after a couple of days, probably because the bumps were causing traffic jams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back