Old fashion, maybe and maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Other) Parents still doing the same thing today as I am a parent of 3 kids age 2,9, and 11.....I live in upper middle class town so maybe view distorted.

I grew up in a lower middle class town, kids were not disciplined, they pretty much ran the high school. If you were not a violent person, you were a loser. There were fights at that school a few times a week, the nerd beat up would be suspended just as long as the bully, the school was just tired of being the judge. I don't blame them. Luckily I was only in 3 fights, very low number. Some of these kids families were so poor, they had to get full time jobs after school, none of them were able to finish assignments. Their grades were bad, with all their money going to the family, that was it for them. They throw their anger hoping someone will listen. No one does.

I didn't see video, but I was taught manners by the greatest generation. I did start to get tired of saying please for EVERYTHING I might request. No Need to beg for everything! I do colour outside the lines, drive over the double yellow if needed and ignore most traffic controls in areas I know though at the same time driving safely.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
I cannot imagine your school,,,mercy.

No, you cannot unless you live trough it...

A coleague sit on top of a barrel with the oxy (stuff for oxigen welding) lighted up. he had no brows and his face was "make up" for the next 2 years.
i had to tutor him while he was recovering.
1.5 years before he just trow couple of stones from a bridge while I and couple others passed under just to see how it felt. stones where 10 pounds at least...
what would you do? (communist country, new industrial zone, 35 years ago)

p.s. you see, poor areas are the same everywhere, no matter color or language...
i had glasses and was being called Fat. Not what i see in the old pictures of me, even compared with european standards of thinness....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back