Old Colman Presidental II furnace poly filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway I can upgrade to a paper filter? The "cut to fit" fiberglass sheet slides into the front panel on the back side of pannel, and is held in with a wire cage. I hate fiberglass, VERY poor filtration. But if I had a 1" thick dimension pleated paper filter, I could put it in, but I am concerned about restricting airflow.

Last edited:
You could try a synthetic hog hair cut to fit filter. It is about 1/2" thick, filters a bit better than fiberglass and is washable. Would that fit? Also, there are filter sprays that apply a tacky coating to the fibers of the cheap filters that improve their efficiency substantially. I have used them in the past. http://www.amazon.com/WEB-WCHARG-Filter-...#productDetails

Vern_in_IL

Hey DBMaster, thanks for leading me into the right direction. I'm going to purchase some Lennox "hammock" filter material. It is coated with a film of viscosine adhesive.
Quote:
Viscosine filter adhesives are viscous substances applied to various types of air filters to increase arrestance and dust holding capacity.
We have used Walmart/Ace branded cut-to-fit fiberglass, without any "filter chargers", and the furnace has the hammock mounting style filters. Hopefully using charged filters will help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.