Old Citroen truck engine rebuild

In the mid 2000's I worked for an airline that had lots of ground equipment powered by the Ford 300 6 cyl. Ford stopped producing them and they became harder to get. The airline bought a couple of brand new replacement Ford 6 cylinder engines to evaluate, they were not built by Ford and used zero Ford parts. The company that was selling them actually had them built to go into generator sets running on alternative fuels like hydrogen/ ammonia or something exotic like that. I do remember that cast into the engine blocks was the brand name "Oxx Power" Upon reading the literature that came in the crates with the engines, it was mentioned that the engine had removable cylinders similar to what's found in diesels. The engines were installed in a couple of propane powered baggage tractors and I do remember that they ran very smoothly with noticeably more power than a newly rebuilt O.E. engine.
Of interest, this same brand, Oxx Power, also built a 3 and 2 cylinder version of the engine based on the Ford 300.

Back