Old binoculars

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are old binoculars that were given to me after my Dad died in '92. He had used them since at least the mid 70's. Do any of you guys have a pair of these? Who sold them, etc?.. There doesn't seem to be much info about them online. I'm guessing they were cheap binoculars purchased from Montgomery Ward or some similar store, since my Dad was not a big spender. Looks like they were made in Japan. Most of the missing paint is due to rough handling by my Dad, not me.

PICT0065.jpg

PICT0066.jpg

My dad, now deceased, has some that were exactly like that except it didn't have the brand name on them. Like already posted, and remembering my dad's buying habits, I suspect they were the economy brand of the time.
Wow. Looking at your photos again, I'll have to dig them out and compare them, especially the chippping LBP (probably) paint.

I take it you googled your life away........

I am in a similar boat. I got an old pair from my Grandfather who has been deceased many years. They are Bausch and Lomb year 1943 US Navy. They work well and look a little bit weather worn. I think I have the leather strap, but the ends broke off.

Here is a Craigslist Ad for the same brand you have. Different model?
orangecounty.craigslist.org/pho/1102163245.html

Typical older Japanese 7x35. If they're still collimated, not tool loose, focus them carefully and check the optics for sharpness and flare. Thet'll be single coated but some can be surprisingly sharp. I use to look for models like those in garage sales so that each vehicle had a pair, not spending more than $10.

I have an old pair similar to those that I inherited from my dad. I think they were purchased in the mid to late 60s. I still use them on occasion.

binos1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back