Okay to mix Zerex G-05 and Zerex Asian?

As the thread title says, just wondering if mixing a Si-Hoat with a P-Hoat would cause any outstanding issues? I am planning on draining as much as I can, but don't have time for a full flush at the moment. Vehicle in question is an 86 Rx-7, which I thought at the time required Motorcraft Gold but later learned should have been Fl-22.

G-05 would shorten the life of the existing coolant, but it's not going to gel up like you put Dexcool with old school IAT green. I think I would still try to get the mix out soon, though. This is the benefit of Prestone AMAM/Motorcraft Yellow, it really seems to be compatible with anything.

Reactions: Y_K
Thanks for the reply. By your mention of Prestone AMAM/Motorcraft Yellow, I'm guessing you thought I was referring to that when I mentioned a P-Hoat though? I'm specifically asking about the Zerex G-05 and Zerex Asian.

I also found this previous thread (https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/zerex-g-05-and-asian-formula-interaction.283908/) which pretty much answers my question though. I guess I should have searched better.

The other issue with flushing is I can't find the Asian Zerex in anything but 50/50. So flushing with water isn't really possible without getting the wrong mix. I suppose I could flush with the 50/50, but at $20 a gallon, that's a bit steep.

G-05 and Asian pHOATs can mix - its the borate and silicate components the Japanese look down on.

Back then, even Japanese indies and the dealership serviced cars with old school green. Honda was adamant about their green coolant, Toyota red wasn’t a thing until the Lexus LS400 was introduced.

Thanks for the reply. By your mention of Prestone AMAM/Motorcraft Yellow, I'm guessing you thought I was referring to that when I mentioned a P-Hoat though? I'm specifically asking about the Zerex G-05 and Zerex Asian.

I also found this previous thread (https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/zerex-g-05-and-asian-formula-interaction.283908/) which pretty much answers my question though. I guess I should have searched better.

The other issue with flushing is I can't find the Asian Zerex in anything but 50/50. So flushing with water isn't really possible without getting the wrong mix. I suppose I could flush with the 50/50, but at $20 a gallon, that's a bit steep.
If you can find it, Recochem makes a concentrated Asian coolant under the OEM brand, I bought it at Pep Boys when they sold parts here. Believe it’s available in different colors to match what you already have. Zerex GO-5 is the same as Motorcraft Premium Gold, Prestone AMAM is the same as Motorcraft Premium Yellow (although it’s actually greenish yellow looking). Japanese manufacturers don’t like silicate (in G-05) & they REALLY don’t like 2-EHA (in Dexcool & Prestone to a lesser amount).

I wouldn't mix any type with the proper OEM flavor for the vehicle. Run what came in it off the dealer lot.

Back