Okay guys I'm almost ready...

Messages
38
Location
Canada
The rinse phase of the ARX treatment on my Ford Focus Wagon (78000kms) 4 cyln is almost complete. Had no oil leaks or anything unusual show up except for very dark oil. So I'm hoping since everything went well, I'm done with the ARX treatment. Now for the great part. I'd love to put synthetic oil in this car, for all it good reasons and for it's better cold weather starts up. And I want to use the green elixer of life. I just want to make sure that GC 0w30 is okay to use on this Ford that has "5w20 oil only" stamped on it's oil filler cap.
 
Messages
5,358
Location
Gone
quote:
Originally posted by medic: FWIW, my dad ran the green GC in his Ford Focus ZX3 without any issues. I think he ran it up to 10k miles.
[Cheers!] Here's to Dads that run GC... [Cheers!]
 

vad

Messages
1,856
Location
So Cal
quote:
Originally posted by jrrd54: I just want to make sure that GC 0w30 is okay to use on this Ford that has "5w20 oil only" stamped on it's oil filler cap.
It'll do just fine. The 5W30 and 5W20 Zetecs are exactly the same.
 

Patman

Staff member
Messages
21,993
Location
Oakville, Ontario
quote:
Originally posted by pscholte:
quote:
Originally posted by medic: FWIW, my dad ran the green GC in his Ford Focus ZX3 without any issues. I think he ran it up to 10k miles.
[Cheers!] Here's to Dads that run GC... [Cheers!]

My pop does! [Cheers!]
 
Messages
5,358
Location
Gone
quote:
Originally posted by Patman:
quote:
Originally posted by pscholte:
quote:
Originally posted by medic: FWIW, my dad ran the green GC in his Ford Focus ZX3 without any issues. I think he ran it up to 10k miles.
[Cheers!] Here's to Dads that run GC... [Cheers!]

My pop does! [Cheers!]

Pat, I would TRULY be disappointed if he did not, you being such a good son and all. [Smile]
 
Top