OK to use winter windshield cleaner year-round?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some vehicles don't get driven much so they don't go through a whole lot of windshield cleaner in a season. Is it OK to use winter-formula windshield cleaner (the yellow stuff) year-round? Or will the higher alcohol content cause problems in the summer?

I have used the Rain-X in my reservoir all year round. I always have some in a spray bottle and do all my windows, including the house and mirrors. I'm not saying it is the best in the world. But its what i use and like.
B000KKLLBC.01-A2IG6WPSXSP0UY._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I'd guess the alcohol in a winter windshield cleaner might strip wax if it comes in contact with the paint. That's the only thing I can think of.

I use blue winter fluid all year long. It rains so much here that I rarely need washer fluid; must be at least 3 years since I filled it up and still going.

I use the winter stuff all year-round. No problems - No Heat evaporation - No stains on the hot vehicle paint. Bug Remover spray-solvent has harsher chemicals than winter windshield solution. I've used the Bug Stuff after summer trips & no harm done to paint. So the winter windshield solution should be a breeze to paint.

I'm not a big fluid user. Half a gallon gets me through the winter. I'm cheap - so every season I swap out the fluid so I don't have to use anything more than soap water in the summer and I don't have to conserve it.

I have used both with no problems (Prestone's DeIcer and BugWash) in summer. The DeIcer was what was left in the reservoir, and just had to be used up first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back