ok, please ban me now. TOYOTA, TOYOTA, TOYOTA :)~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly I am here looking information. It is a waste of time to pick through posts saying little but __________ are junk. I have no problem with the moderators deciding they don't want to see that. I also get sick of people raving how great this or that is with nothing to back it up.

ksJoe, that was informative. I learned just as much from your original post as I did from the last Maury Povich show I watched.
lol.gif

You dont have to try hard to get banned. Just curse. You dont even have to intentionally bypass the censor. Just because of the way the board is designed, censored words are revealed if you press the quote button so it still counts as bypassing the censor and worth a ban.
[censored] labs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Hey, wait a second, they might ban me because Toyota is part of my screen name!
lol.gif

Yeah, now you know to be careful. I bet you're glad you checked out my informative thread aren't you?

BTW, I never new Mori's last name was Povich... Maybe that's why he's not around anymore. Too busy with the show I guess.

Under normal circumstances.
This is the site where I would proberbly first hear about an Automotive News story.
This is the site where I might get an in depth explanation as to what an automotive problem might be.
This is where I might share ideas about my Automotive concerns.
Not all posts are Pearls of Wisdom, but over time, by and large, information surfaces or the thread just dies.
Sure we get some pusillanimous Hotheads that Flame and bad mouth. We should ignore them, or (if they persist) the Mods should remove them.
Locking legitimate threads should be a Last resort. it does not serve the people that view this site, and if no explanation is given, it insults the people that contribute to this site!

When it comes to bashing domestics there is one poster who is a million times worse then anyone else...I won't mention his name but he is from Louisvillle Kentucky and drives a Honda...He bashes General Motors,Ford,Chrysler and the UAW unions on a daily basis...It is like he has immunity from the moderators to do whatever he wants and gets away with it while everyone else has to tip toe around.

With that said I have not seen him on here for about a week.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
When it comes to bashing domestics there is one poster who is a million times worse then anyone else...I won't mention his name but he is from Louisvillle Kentucky and drives a Honda...He bashes General Motors,Ford,Chrysler and the UAW unions on a daily basis...It is like he has immunity from the moderators to do whatever he wants and gets away with it while everyone else has to tip toe around.

With that said I have not seen him on here for about a week.

I dunno I think HE was given a "vacation"---- and good riddance I say.

PS- And it was more of a "minute" basis than a daily one.
smirk2.gif

Folks,

This is very simple - talk about Toyota all you want, but when the thread turns into childish name calling it goes away or gets locked. Could we stick to facts and not bring politics or name calling into a Toyota thread? I'll bet anyone who wants to bet that no Toyota thread can survive past 20 posts - anyone? Prove us wrong.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: wwillson
Folks,

This is very simple - talk about Toyota all you want, but when the thread turns into childish name calling it goes away or gets locked. Could we stick to facts and not bring politics or name calling into a Toyota thread? I'll bet anyone who wants to bet that no Toyota thread can survive past 20 posts - anyone? Prove us wrong.

Wayne

Problem is sometimes we all have different ideas of what constitutes politics.

GMBoy,

You are very correct and sometimes the mods have differing views. We try to reach a happy medium and keep peace on the board.

Wayne

I'll bet anyone who wants to bet that no Toyota thread can survive past 20 posts - anyone?

since you asked...
wink.gif

Even before your post, this thread had already survived well over 20 posts. And prior to your editing of my original post, it had far more references to Toyota than any other thread I've seen.
21.gif

Was this one locked because it says:

Quote:
Just to yank your chain a little, LOL

I wanted to comment in that thread about it being a clever resume (which it is - look at the text at the top of the simulator, the guy is looking for work). But it was locked after the first response.

Or maybe there were some worse posts that got deleted? Whats in the thread now looks very acceptable for the humor section, IMHO.

Folks,

Wayne

So please tell me where my Thread 'When this is over (Toyota)' went off the rails?

Originally Posted By: ksJoe
Was this one locked because it says:

Quote:
Just to yank your chain a little, LOL

I wanted to comment in that thread about it being a clever resume (which it is - look at the text at the top of the simulator, the guy is looking for work). But it was locked after the first response.

Or maybe there were some worse posts that got deleted? Whats in the thread now looks very acceptable for the humor section, IMHO.

LOL I like that. It would be funny if it was or wasn't toyota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back