Ok I have gone over to the dark side!!!LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have put 4 quarts of Quaker State 5W30 oil in my car along with 2 onces of SM oil additive. My car has not seen dino oil since it had 1500 miles on it! So I was waiting for her to cough spit and sputter and stick her tongue out!

So I normaly do 6 mounth OCI's and I do not car if I only get 1500 miles in that time or if I put 20,000 miles on in that time frame. So if the milage is not that high come the end of 6 months I might reconsider and think about keeping it in a bit longer.

When I first opened the bottle I was a bit suprised to see first no foil seal and second that it was so dark. I am guessing if I pryed the piece under the cap out of the cap I would find a seal their. THe plastic seal at the bottom was in place though. It also had quite a strong odor. I have seldom ran dino in anything since about 1988 so I had really forgotten how much different it looks and smells in the bottle. On the dip stick it was nice and yellow almost the color of the PYB bottles.

If I mixed everything right my QS 5W30 should have an additive package between HDDEO and Redline. It should at the very least make for an interesting UOA!!!

You wait and see tonight I will have nightmares about my oil rings getting dirty from that rotten dino oil I have put in my little girl!LOL

This is my 2003 Camry with the 2AZ-FE engine. I cleaned out the air filter but did not replace it. I hate to put a new one in right before winter because of all the salt they use. Normally each spring I put a new filter in but this spring I was busy looking for temp. work and did not get around to it.

I have 3 different UOA on this sight for this engine both synthetic so we will be able to make some comparisons come time for the UOA!

I am useing up my glut of Advanced Auto Parts store brand oil filters.

well done john on going to the dark side. synthetics are really dear here so it makes sense for me at most to use a synth blend. I usually use durablend or toyota synth blend, but have some dino valvoline too. it's all good mate!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. J/k. . .
wink.gif

What you should really feel bad about, is sticking 2 ounces of foreign objects into your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back