Oily water, sludge residue from shops

Moderators, if this has been discussed please let me know. At our work; car washes and our four bays drain into a oily water separator and it flows way down to where I don’t know. My real question is what happens to that stuff when Hapchuk Services(company we have contract with) pumps car wash pits out and cleans the traps under manholes outside my bay and 2 other spots on our property? Or what do they do or take it to?

Thank You all

If you have a cement plant near you, it may be taken to their cement kilns for burning. Safety Kleen has a processing center near a cement plant and I can tell you that is located there for that reason.

In my neck of the woods, oily water that is made from cleaning out tanks at oil batteries or lease sites or even from the drilling process is stored underground. The site closest to us is old salt caverns.

Some material as in soil, or solids are mixed with clean materials until they are no longer hazards. Around Omaha lead contamination was a big deal, they hauled out the contaminated soil mixed it with clean and put it back.

Back