oily handprint on passenger fender

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks ago I changed my dad's 03 Sentra oil and brake pads. He calls me this morning and says that I left an oily handprint on the bottom passenger fender. It probably was from my filthy hands.
grin2.gif
he said he tried going to the car wash to get it out with no luck. His car is silver. what products can he use for this?

Last edited:
Bug & Tar Remover

Tarminator or Xenit (both from Stoner)

NuFinish

probably another couple dozen things that others will recommend.

Don't use magic eraser. It's basically a sponge impregnated with very fine sand/silica. It will cut into paint would be my guess.

Just hope it wasn't a mixture of brake dust and brake fluid. As was pointed out before, brake fluid will eat through the paint.

Oily boyd nailed it.

Lighter fluid
goof off
xylene
odorless mineral spirits
kerosene
solvent 100
naphtha

Yeah, anything made to cut grease and tar will remove it. Usually I use some quick detail spray but if its a real nasty spot, a shot of WD40 or most any of the above options will work. Don't forget to rewax the area.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Brake fluid will eat the paint, if that's what it is.

Most likely oil. I changed oil with my mechanix gloves. I think I was under the car to screw in the oil plug and grabbed the bottom passenger fender to crawl out from under the car.

Happy Birthday Audi Junkie!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
A few weeks ago I changed my dad's 03 Sentra oil and brake pads. He calls me this morning and says that I left an oily handprint on the bottom passenger fender.

I may just be getting grumpier in my old age, but this kind of stuff is about all it takes for me to suggest that they take it to someone else next time they want free repairs.

Unless, of course, the greasy hand print was mentioned in the correct context.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
A few weeks ago I changed my dad's 03 Sentra oil and brake pads. He calls me this morning and says that I left an oily handprint on the bottom passenger fender.

I may just be getting grumpier in my old age, but this kind of stuff is about all it takes for me to suggest that they take it to someone else next time they want free repairs.

No good dead goes unpunished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back