Oils on clearance at Wal-Mart..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our local Wal-Mart had a varied selection of oils on clearance tonight.

They had QS 20w50,Havoline 20W50,Valvoline Durablend,QS 10w40 high mileage, etc... I can't remember all the brands and viscosities they had.

How is it at your local Wal-Mart? What do they have? I was looking for QS 5w30 or 10w30 High Mileage on clearance, but no dice.

PZ LL in the gallons (15w-40) were red labelled @ $5 and QS high mileage was also red labelled. The PZ LL was in a different container than usual. Not the "flex-funnel" type jug. The guy knew nothing about the end of MC.

My Wally doesn't seem to have a clearance section. Atleast none that contain any oil. They must go through alot of oil and putting it in a clearance section would be a waste of time or they use it up in the lube bays.

Nothing going on at my Wally World...except a price increase on SuperTech!

Tim

In Claremont New Hampshire, for the first time, I saw a cubby hole in the shelf that was for clearance items.

The only oil I recall seeing there was Pennzoil LL 15-40 at $5 per gallon.

Same here, Wally ain't doing nothing. All the MC is gone, except for the last case of MC filters @ 2.97 each that's sitting in my garage.
grin.gif
grin.gif

I scored some 5 Valvo Synpower 10w30 5qt jugs for $10 each and 7 qts of same for $1.50 each. QS Syn Blend High Perf 10w30 & Motorcraft 15w40 for $0.75 each.

I know Valvo syns ain't really good performers here..same for QS stuff. But at $2/qt for the Synpower jugs and $0.75 for the QS are they worth using? I'm thinking of returning them...
dunno.gif

Pick the last 6qts of M-1 0w20 at $2.50 each. The had some Valvoline Synpower and Pennzoil full synthetic at the same price...various weights. The rack had various discounted oils from $1 to $2.50.

quote:

Originally posted by vwoom:
I know Valvo syns ain't really good performers here..same for QS stuff. But at $2/qt for the Synpower jugs and $0.75 for the QS are they worth using? I'm thinking of returning them...
dunno.gif

I would gladly take the 10w30 Synpower jugs off your hands for $10 each (only problem is cost of shipping I suppose). It is decent oil, not Mobil 1, but good Group III and maybe has some PAO, not sure. You probably should keep them, especially at that price. And 75 cents for blend is very good.

The WalMarts near me have:
QS Syn Blend (all grades), Castrol Syntec Blend(10w-40 only), and Valvoline Syn Blend 10w-40 $1.50

Delvac 1300, $1/qt

Supertec syn blend, Pennzoil LL, Motorcraft 15w-40 and some tranny fluids are on clearance.

They had a whole bunch of Mobil Syn Blend 10w-30 SL I was going to pick up, but someone beat me too it!

I did manage a 5qt jug of Supertech Full Syn 10w-30 for $8.

They had several grades of Quaker State Synthetic for $2 tonight when I looked!!

QS High Milesage 5w30 was $1, but they only had 1 qt.

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
I would gladly take the 10w30 Synpower jugs off your hands for $10 each (only problem is cost of shipping I suppose). It is decent oil, not Mobil 1, but good Group III and maybe has some PAO, not sure. You probably should keep them, especially at that price. And 75 cents for blend is very good.

Yah, shipping is a drag I know..

But coming from someone who knows his Valvoline well, I think I'll follow your advice..Thanks Paul!
smile.gif

p.s. Would an hdeo like Delo 400 15w40 be a good deal for $1?

I'm really bummed.
frown.gif

I went to my 'regular' WalMart the other day and they totally reorganized the oil section. Gone is all the Chevron Supreme ... and I never even saw it anywhere on clearance.
mad.gif

Maybe it went to another store?
confused.gif

--- Bror Jace

quote:

Originally posted by Bror Jace:
I'm really bummed.
frown.gif

I went to my 'regular' WalMart the other day and they totally reorganized the oil section. Gone is all the Chevron Supreme ... and I never even saw it anywhere on clearance.
mad.gif

Maybe it went to another store?
confused.gif

--- Bror Jace

Same here!
only chevron product i saw was a few qts of Delo400 15/40...
frown.gif

It seems to me we are witnessing a response on the part of major retailers to a realistic assessment of the state of the DITY oil change market today OR there is something a little sinister
shocked.gif
going on (e.g. a "squeeze play" by the major DITY oil providers). Guess it is wait and see time...

Just got back from WallyWorld.

As others have said M1 T&SUV is nowhere to be found.

All MC depleted ..ST is taking up the shelf space. The end of isle clearance section has 1 4/5quart jug of PZ 5w-20. ST synth gear lube @$7/quart.

It doesn't look like they discounted a whole lot here.

Most of the individual quarts are gone. There's a string of them along the top shelf ..but I'd say 75% of the shelf space is dedicated to 5 quart jugs.

MC still has its traditional oil filter shelf space ..and ST filters seem to be feeling the squeeze of the orange wall of doom.

WalMart in Hermitage TN has M1 0w-40 for $4.00 each. M1 0w-20 for $3.75 each. QS 10w-30 blend for $2.00 each. Not much special there!

I cleared out the PZ LL 15w-40 for $1.00 each
grin.gif

Castrol GTX 40 HD was also a buck a quart, bought one more of those for my mower.
smile.gif

ST 15w-40 is 75 cents per quart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back