Oiling Piston When Stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.

" It is obvious that, as the piston moves from TDC to BDC and back, the velocity is constantly changing, and that the piston velocity is zero at TDC and BDC. "

" Note again that at TDC and again at BDC, the piston velocity is zero, because the piston reverses direction at those points, and in order to change direction, the piston must be stopped at some point. "

A flat earther has to prove to himself that the earth is round, no matter how much technical information is presented to show that it's true.

So essentially, there is disagreement between Empire and the rest of the world on what is meant by the word 'stop'.

I propose a compromise - how about we all just agree that the piston comes to a 'California stop' at TDC and BDC?

So essentially, there is disagreement between Empire and the rest of the world on what is meant by the word 'stop'.

I propose a compromise - how about we all just agree that the piston comes to a 'California stop' at TDC and BDC?
Well if you want to look at it in the real world, there is clearance in the bearings, so at some point the crank can be moving but the piston is stopped, waiting to take up the slop in the system. The bigger question is.....why do we care?

Well if you want to look at it in the real world, there is clearance in the bearings, so at some point the crank can be moving but the piston is stopped, waiting to take up the slop in the system. The bigger question is.....why do we care?
Yeah … it changes my destiny in so many ways …

" It is obvious that, as the piston moves from TDC to BDC and back, the velocity is constantly changing, and that the piston velocity is zero at TDC and BDC. "

" Note again that at TDC and again at BDC, the piston velocity is zero, because the piston reverses direction at those points, and in order to change direction, the piston must be stopped at some point. "

A flat earther has to prove to himself that the earth is round, no matter how much technical information is presented to show that it's true.
It was never a question as to what the Velocity is at some set point in the time domain. At any POINT (t) you can get position, velocity, and acceleration. Position nor Velocity tells whether or not the object is in motion. For this we look at differentials.

In differentials if there is no change in position for any time period, then the object has no motion. Notice I did not say some point in time.

Here example of object in motion but changes direction (does a 180).
t0=0 x=-0.5 v=100
t1=1 x=0 v=0
t2=2 x=-0.5 v=-100

In the tome domain
t0 to t1, dx=0.5, dv=100
t1 to t2, dx=0.5, dv=100

now cross over v=0
t0 to t2, dx=1, dv=0

how about being real real close to x=0
t1a=t1-[some small #] to t1b=t1+[some small number]
at t1a x1a=0-[some small number]
at t1b x1b=0+[some small number]
dx still does not equal zero, thus dx/dt is not zero, aka not at rest for that dt

No matter what small # to subtract from or add to t1, dx will always be non-zero, hence still in motion.

This proves that there is no dt where dx=0, even when dt spans time t where v=0.

Points in time do not define motion, only changes in time do.

So when would it be stopped?
Like this.
For all times between t0 and t1
t0=0, x=0, v=0
t1=1, x=0, v=0
Thus no change in position, no movement, stopped.

Not the rest of the world, I assure you it's just a small group who has the wrong understanding of what stopped means. But even better, not a person at all, but math itself proves what stopped means.

Let's simplify it and only look at the piston movement, or assume there is no slop in the system between the crank journal, rod, wrist pin and piston. If you look only at the movement of the piston, it has to come to a stop in order to make a linear 180 deg change in direction.

Do not take this out of context. The other thread had a vid and it said the piston stops for a brief moment, then some other site with some math stuff was brought in to show the modeling of ICE piston. Much of it was flawed in many ways.

Let's simplify it and only look at the piston movement, or assume there is no slop in the system between the crank journal, rod, wrist pin and piston. If you look only at the movement of the piston, it has to come to a stop in order to make a linear 180 deg change in direction.
A stop for how long? The words used elsewhere were "stops for a brief moment". I am still waiting to know how long that "brief moment" is. Is the brief moment like 1nsec, 1psec, 20psec, or fractions thereof? Has to be some time period for a "brief moment" to occur, no?

Of course not, but they work for everyone else, lol.
Who's everyone else, can you grab a screen pic of the page? I click it and my FF just gets a black page of nothing, but it is still trying to connect or load data, after 5sec I give up on sites that cannot load properly.

Not the rest of the world, I assure you it's just a small group who has the wrong understanding of what stopped means. But even better, not a person at all, but math itself proves what stopped means.

No matter how you slice it, "stopped" means zero movement. V=0 also suffices.

A stop for how long? The words used elsewhere were "stops for a brief moment". I am still waiting to know how long that "brief moment" is. Is the brief moment like 1nsec, 1psec, 20psec, or fractions thereof? Has to be some time period for a "brief moment" to occur, no?

Stopped is stopped, regardless of how long it's stopped. You keep going in circles, and in an ICE it depends as already mentioned. Obtuse = trolling it seems.

Who's everyone else, can you grab a screen pic of the page? I click it and my FF just gets a black page of nothing, but it is still trying to connect or load data, after 5sec I give up on sites that cannot load properly.

I'm using FF and it works perfect for me. Try a different browser. It has all the math derivations you're looking for.

Here ya go. Update your browser.

Screenshot_2020-08-10 Piston Velocity.png

Screenshot_2020-08-10 Piston velocity differential equations.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-10 Piston Velocity.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-10 Piston Velocity.png
    285.8 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back