oil with the most amount of cleaners

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe

whats the best oil to help keep you motor sludge free
patriot.gif

The oil which has the ability to clean the best would be an oil with alot of esters in the base. For example Redline oils works well ,Amsoil cleans , IMO , although I'm not a chemist.

Engine cleanliness is mostly about to things. Filtration and staying ahead of oxidation and boiloff. If you keep things that do not belong in the engine out and change the oil while still good you should never have a problem with sludge. I have seen plenty of sludge free vechiles run on dino. THe difference is the frequency of maintence.

I decided to see what they wanted for a quart of the JD O-40 Plus 50 at my local Heavy Eguipment Suppl store. They wanted $6.60 a quart!! I laughed so hard that I could not breath. The owner was not happy. Talk about price gougeing. At that price I guess I would put this stuff in a glass case at home with the toy tractors. Maybe 20 years from now someone will pay big bucks just for the box the oil came in!! The only why you would get me to try that stuff at that price is if I had a serious need to experment with oil. I can not imagine how much a 55 gallon drum would cost! I do not know how they sell this stuff when you can get Delvac 1, Rotela T Synthetic, Amsoil 15W40 Diesel,Schaeffers Blend...... for less.

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
I decided to see what they wanted for a quart of the JD O-40 Plus 50 at my local Heavy Eguipment Suppl store. They wanted $6.60 a quart!! I laughed so hard that I could not breath. The owner was not happy. Talk about price gougeing. At that price I guess I would put this stuff in a glass case at home with the toy tractors. Maybe 20 years from now someone will pay big bucks just for the box the oil came in!! The only why you would get me to try that stuff at that price is if I had a serious need to experment with oil. I can not imagine how much a 55 gallon drum would cost! I do not know how they sell this stuff when you can get Delvac 1, Rotela T Synthetic, Amsoil 15W40 Diesel,Schaeffers Blend...... for less.

Yes, I agree. I would like to find a replacement for their low viscosity hydrolic fluid for the JD 445.

The last time I changed it I was a quart short. I was in the neighborhood of a dealer so I stopped in for a quart. he wanted double the price. I offered him 50% more than I could get it some place else and he said no thank you.

My stubborn attitude kicked in and I spent more in gas than I saved and an extra hour getting that bottle for less.

The paint I can understand because there is gold in it, but I don't belive the oil is worth the big money. Ok, just kidding, I buy the paint at Fleet Farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back