Oil top-up kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth it for the stylish bottle alone. But I never thought of a zipper case for my top up oil--beautiful! Or maybe we should carry top up oil in a leather wrapped golden flask.

-

This is all I can think of when I see that.
grin.gif

So now people need a kit to put oil in their engines? What comes in that kit? Looks like napkins to me. It was probably some promotional item the seller got for free. I think the case is nice though, would allow you to keep a quart of oil in yoru trunk (or wherever) and not worry about having it leak and make a mess.

BMW sells it for their REALLY anal customers...
iirc, about $18-20?
you get the case, a paper funnel, and hand wipes.

I was flipping thru the BMW accessories catalog today (yes, life is rough) and I saw the "Oil Travel Case".
BMW P/N 83 29 0 144 484
MSRP $5.15

Not a bad deal? Might have to get one for my sis.
Personally, I'd rather have one that said Castrol on it.

I recall seeing something like this with latex gloves (Mobil1 in Europe). Good to have for an oil top-up or traffic stop cavity search.

Honestly I don't recall ever having to add oil to any on my cars in the last 10 years.
I wonder if cars in the U.K. still leak oil, even when they are not made there?

I think oil usage is a random thing. My 92 Grand Am with the HO Quad 4 use about what GM called acceptable, I think about a qt. every thousand miles. Perhaps the result of me taking a year or 2 before I could force myself to use 5W-30? I haven't added oil in 85 K in my 02 Cavalier with the Ecotec engine. Dumped the factory fill in both early. It is hard to discipline myself to check the oil when neither my truck or car needs any between changes.

Where's the matching "oil check kit" with pre-paid Blackstone accessories, napkins and complimentary AAA sign-up package - for those times when it's way low and you forgot pack an extra couple of top-up kits?
rolleyes.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif

Maybe the top-off kit is a BMW thing. Most other brands don't need it. Is there a message from the on-board computer that tells one when to top-off? I think I would also check into a windshield washer top off kit, too. Then there is the transmission and p/s, and don't forget the brake fluid. You could put them with the spare fan belt, fuses and bulbs, right next to the air compressor and the flares, beside the first aid kit, blanket, sand, drinking water, jumper cables, chains and tow strap and 50/50 coolant mix and flashlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back