Oil top-up kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Louie's gone fishing:
Maybe the top-off kit is a BMW thing. Most other brands don't need it. Is there a message from the on-board computer that tells one when to top-off? I think I would also check into a windshield washer top off kit, too. Then there is the transmission and p/s, and don't forget the brake fluid. You could put them with the spare fan belt, fuses and bulbs, right next to the air compressor and the flares, beside the first aid kit, blanket, sand, drinking water, jumper cables, chains and tow strap and 50/50 coolant mix and flashlight.

BMW rec'ds not topping-off oil unless it goes below the minimum mark. I think there might be a warning if the level gets really low? Even my '89 5.0 Mustang had that.
But there's no AT dipsticks in the newer BMW's. you've gotto get underneath and pull a bolt. If ATF comes out it's full
rolleyes.gif
It's "lifetime" anyways
rolleyes.gif

Don't forget about the big triangle and the dead hooker in the trunk...
200-peice toolkit?

Actually Louie has given away more stuff helping people over the years that get stranded in the desert. His old pickup has all that and more. Sort of a super top-off kit. In fact he pulled a Civic hybrid out of a ditch on a dirt road in the desert, and then got called an environmental pig by the Civic owner for driving a fifty year old truck with no smog control devices to protect the earth.

quote:

Actually Louie has given away more stuff helping people over the years that get stranded in the desert. His old pickup has all that and more. Sort of a super top-off kit. In fact he pulled a Civic hybrid out of a ditch on a dirt road in the desert, and then got called an environmental pig by the Civic owner for driving a fifty year old truck with no smog control devices to protect the earth.

I hope you have your tetnus shots up do date for when ingrates bite your hand that has just fed them.
cheers.gif

quote:

You showed great restraint. I think I would have pushed the Civic back into the ditch after a comment like that, especially after being nice enough to pull the car out of the ditch in the first place.

Nobody but the Brits! Rates right up there with the have-to-have driving gloves and "Andy Cap" little green driving hats. Pretty pricy Castrol oil too at 12 Pounds per liter! At that price I think I would use a fancy little baggy to tote the bottle around in the boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back