Oil to use on 2015 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys so heres what i can tell you guys and then tell me what oil you think i should use
1. 2015 mustang gt 5.0
2.my car manual states 5w20
3. i live in south florida where it doesnt get much cold at all and summer is Fing HOT
4. i drive easy for the most part but go to car meets and do high rpm racing. im all hooked up with full botons Cobra jet manifold and tuned for e85 which i use 90% of the time.
5. my drives are mostly short trips. i dont daily drive my car. ive owned this car for about 1 year and im at 7k miles
6. my car has no issues at all.

thanks in advance guys

id run any synthetic in a 5w20 version and run it to the specified interval. Wouldn't worry too much about it. I think a good quality filter would be a good idea as well
smile.gif

How about using the oil wt Ford says to use. Try M1 0-20 or M1 5-20. Both will perform very well.

Why do you use E 85 when that will chop your MPG by 15 to 20%?

Last edited:
yeah that's from timing and some extra air and fuel from the tune and intake. Your oil will be fine in the xw20 weight. Not apples to apples but I run a xxw30 weight in my 600hp diesel. That's also to the rear wheels that are 37" tires. The amount of horsepower doesn't mean you should change your viscosity. my oil temps usually sit a couple degrees under 100 celsius and reports are fine.

Originally Posted By: abycat
yeah that's from timing and some extra air and fuel from the tune and intake. Your oil will be fine in the xw20 weight. Not apples to apples but I run a xxw30 weight in my 600hp diesel. That's also to the rear wheels that are 37" tires. The amount of horsepower doesn't mean you should change your viscosity. my oil temps usually sit a couple degrees under 100 celsius and reports are fine.

what brand oil should i go with? A friend uses 5w40 rotella t6. dont know if i like the fact its a diesel oil

Your car is easier on oil than you think. Any name brand syn should do just fine. The best way to check is to do a uoa half way through the oci then one at the end. That's what I like to do. Stick with the same oil and do a uoa every couple changes to get warning of problems. If you want me to name an oil I would pick pp in a 5w20 weight. its a great cheaper full syn oil. I use it regularily in my versa in a 5w30 version. Your only worry should be fuel dilution but a uoa will tell you.

I think Mobil 1 EP 0w20 is the best 0w20 on the market. 70% PAO. 5w20 EP would be good too.

Originally Posted By: rozay
warranty is long gone and i get 15-20 whp on e85

In that case (though using a different weight doesn't automatically invalidate your warranty anyway) go with a M1 or Edge 0w-40...good price and top level protection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back