How about Ford's track spec 5W50.

Love the color of your car!

they dont spec that weight for the new s550 gt

Originally Posted By: rozay
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

They also don't spec anything else but 5W-20 for your car so if you decide to go with anything else but the recommended weight, the 5W-50 should also work. I think that is the weight recommended for the new GT350 and the last generation track Pack, Boss, and I believe the GT500. I don't think there are That many internal differences between the two generations of 5.0's

I run Motorcraft 5W-20 in my 14 GT but mine is still stock engine wise

I love the color of your car by the way. My local dealer has a 15 GT that color left over from last year for sale. It's a 50 year appearance package premium that cost $43,100 new and they have it marked down to $35,000. It's tempting but I almost have mine paid off and that car had previous hail damage even though you can't tell.

Wayne

Scroll down to page 44.

As someone earlier stated. Fuel dilution will be your biggest issue. Using E85 only makes it worse. I would run a premium 5w20 as stated in the manual and change more often to remove the fuel dilution. Run a couple oil analysis samples to see how quickly your building fuel in your oil and to figure out the optimum drain interval.

Scroll down to page 44.

Sorry,just now realized I forgot to post the link. Scroll down to page 44 and it shows the spec'd fluids:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_C...-US_07_2015.pdf

Originally Posted By: RAINEY
As someone earlier stated. Fuel dilution will be your biggest issue. Using E85 only makes it worse. I would run a premium 5w20 as stated in the manual and change more often to remove the fuel dilution. Run a couple oil analysis samples to see how quickly your building fuel in your oil and to figure out the optimum drain interval.

Why do you think fuel dilution will be an issue? The V8 is a port fuel injected engine and not known for fuel dilution issues.

If the warranty is gone, I'd use Mobil 1 5W30, or Mobil 1 EP 5W30, or PP 5W30, or PUP 5W30.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Does the tune have any effect on the original safety nannies when the oil/water exceed threshold? Might consider bumping up a grade if so.

I'd like to see the answer to this question...if you've got more power, and the power pulling safeties on oil temperature have been lifted, I'd go up some in viscosity.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
TGMO 0W20 available online or your nearest Toyota dealer. With a Fram Ultra filter.

And I wouldn't go with TGMO...

Here in Brazil we have E100 on the pump for 40+ years and I always heard that the ethanol is easier on the oil than gas. I have no scientific evidence or anything like this and the oil color means almost nothing, but everytime I use more ethanol than gas on the Fiesta, the oil that came out on the OCI is way clearer.

BTW, what a nice Stang
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back