Oil that makes your car run its best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal Purple 5w20 for me. I currently run MC 5w20 and like it, but not nearly as much.

It used to be Castrol GTX, but now, believe it or not, it is Mobil - 1, 10W30, some thing has changed in the Mobil-1 formulation (SM). I did not like the price of Castrol GTX.

Avinash Chandra
2003 Pontiac Montana (only now).

So IF there as a oil that made my engine run "peppy"/"run its best" and it was Amsoil the answer would not be valid?
smirk2.gif

Interesting way to ask the question.....

Got a problem with Amsoil?

It's a silly, subjective 'feeling', but I feel my car starts better on Petro-Canada dino 5W-30 vs. 'other' 5W-30's. It just seems to turn over and start quicker on this oil.

Car also consumes the least amount of oil it ever has on this oil.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
So IF there as a oil that made my engine run "peppy"/"run its best" and it was Amsoil the answer would not be valid?
smirk2.gif

Interesting way to ask the question.....

Got a problem with Amsoil?

lets not go their eh.

Redline...hands down. Amsoil felt a little better than Mobil 1, and Royal Purple was about on par with Amsoil. All were 20w50 (except M1 - 15w50) in an older inline-6 BMW.

In a diesel, we gained about 2mpg (no [censored]) when switched from M1 0w40 to M1 ESP 5w40 Formula M in our '05 e320 cdi.

2008 Mazdaspeed 3, I have tried M1, Royal Purple, Amsoil ASL, GC and PP, all 5W/30, except the GC of course, and I feel that the car runs its best on the PP. This coming from a long time M1 user in my turbo cars and Castrol GTX in my old 440 and 426 HEMI mopars. I realize this is completely subjective but it is how I feel. I am planning another OCI with the PP but in the near future I may try the Redline once the powertrain warranty expires.

I have not noticed a difference yet on my Yukon but my old ranger with the 2.3 Lima engine ran best a PYB 5W20 and I had tried just about every oil in it outside of Redline.

I have some Penz Plat 5-30 on the shelf that will go in the Sentra in a couple of hundred miles from now. I had it a while back, and it seemed to "like" it -- ran smooth as a sewing machine. (Currently have M1 0-30.)

My top 3 fave list:

Pennzoil yb and Royal Purple are a tie at the best (20W50)
Valvoline wb (20W50)
Mobil 1 silver cap(15W50)

Originally Posted By: lexus114
What oil do you guy`s use/used that made your car feel peppy,run at its best? (besides Amsoil)

Any SM rated oil that I catch on sale.......

Originally Posted By: addyguy
It's a silly, subjective 'feeling', but I feel my car starts better on Petro-Canada dino 5W-30 vs. 'other' 5W-30's. It just seems to turn over and start quicker on this oil.

Car also consumes the least amount of oil it ever has on this oil.

I had the opposite experience when I ran my wife's Honda on Petro Canada oil. Before I started using it, her engine did not burn any oil at all, but since using it for just that one interval, it now uses about a quart every 5000 miles (on any oil I run) The engine didn't run as smoothly on Petro Canada 5w20 as it does on Castrol GTX 5w20 either.

Even though I've used M1 oils for 3 decades your not going to get me to buy into this "my engine feels beter with this or that oil".

Originally Posted By: tig1
Even though I've used M1 oils for 3 decades your not going to get me to buy into this "my engine feels beter with this or that oil".

Just play along tig.
smirk2.gif
its just something to talk about.(well,write about)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: tig1

Just play along tig.
smirk2.gif

OK! When I change oil in my Focus I think I'm driving a Roush Mustang it's so much faster. Chuckles.

Really, I can't tell any difference after an OC even with the 10,000 mile OCI. For the life of me I have looked for a change but none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back