Oil Study Donations (Z- Report)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will keep this list at the top and edit it as new Donations for the Oil Study are received. Any money collected for the Oil Study only goes to the Oil Study, not to the support of the Board. List of Donors so far:

1. Last_Z
2. glxpassat
3. Patman
4. Matt_S
5. Gary Allan
6. 427Z06
7. Lyle--- (25.00)
8. Oldman--- (40.00)
9. W170W31
10. shortyb---(20.00)
11. T-Keith
12. 9c1
13. Buster--- (20.00)
14. bretfraz
15. Pablo
16. ekpolk--- (25.00)
17. thedawk ---(15.00)
18. PaJohn
19. Nel --- (21.00)
20. (delete)
21. springnr
22. Razl
23. Woof
24. Audie Junkie
25. Chimay
26. Blue99
27. Loudist
28. Gman-II---(20.00)
29. darkdan
30. weatherdude
31. SBC350gearhead---(85.00)
32. tenderloin
33. ToyotaNSaturn---(15.00)
34. dickwells
35. pscholte---(50.00)
36. 1 FMF
37. Medic---(20.00)
38. Ugly3
39. dagordon---(20.00)
40. Yannis
41. TheFuror---(50.00)
42. FEN
43. Bitog member
44. Robert E. E.... ($20) (Non-Member) I forgot to ask permission to list his last name.
45. GreenElixer (25.00)
46. AL---(20.00)
47. gumby 66
48. Market525---(20.00)
49. jsharp
50. SAL---(20.00)
51. Neil Womack
52. cmstpprr
53. H20024.6L---(20.00)
54. Oil stain---(20.00)
55. charlie_bravo
56. MamalaBay---($50.00)
57. 1 Maniac---(20.00)
58. Redneck 53
59. NewGuy
60. HarryDog
61. Alloy
62. PuddlePirate
63. VaderSS
64. Darryld13---($20.00)
65. shanneba
66. thatwouldbegreat

($1045.65) Total received. (after Pay Pal fees)

$450.00 spent for testing the Z-Oil (GC)

$595.65 Balance on hand.

Updated 9/27/05 8:45 PM CST

I did not send any emails or PM's Thanking the individual Donors, so please accept this as the Bitog members way of saying Thank You for supporting this endeavor. Because Last Z was the instigator in getting this started, I have been calling the Castrol SLX test the "Z-Oil"

smile.gif

[ September 27, 2005, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

cheers.gif
With so many dedicated people on this board, we could break down quite a few oils for very little $.

Thanks for your contributions guys.

I'll not contribute to this one, as it's not available down here.

Will happily contribute to an oil that I can get.

(was gonna sign up for site sponsor this week, but my discretional income went in the direction of the Tsunami)

My only dissapointment is that only 42 guys donated. I wish more people would've got involved.

quote:

My only dissapointment is that only 42 guys donated

Yeah thats weak. With the amount of members we have we could easily disect several oils with no problem. Not enough care I guess.

quote:

Yeah thats weak. With the amount of members we have we could easily dissect several oils with no problem. Not enough care I guess.

I do agree, there are a lot of oils that peak our curiosity. But, I think that we need to finish the German Castrol test and see the results and what we get. Then make a decision to go forward, or that one test is enough. With the new specs and new oils coming out we may find another real interesting oil. JMO

I am going to close this topic, because I want to keep this thread for strictly test donations.

cheers.gif

Contributors I have sent a test email out to all and have some dead email address's getting kicked back.
If you are on the list and have not recieved the test email let me know at : [email protected]

BITOG was charged $450 for the testing.

Terry

Got the test e-mail.

I'm sure the $450 reflects only about 1/100 of the amount of effort that went into this task!
smile.gif

I have a request for checking M1 5w-20 against M1 0w-20 and AE Haas had offered to kick in he majority of the cost.

I have delayed that run until I can procure a better turnaound time on the testing.

Labs with good Mass Spec, NMR or other protocals ,AND a lube species database,that want our business contact me with pricing and your capabilities.

Remember I want ALL here at BITOG to learn to ID good lube chemistry and be smart consumers. I DO NOT want to harm any formulator since they pay much more for my services than you folks ! No offense.

quote:

Originally posted by pruizgarcia:
Want to donate, who do I Paypal to?

From this thread:
http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=51;t=000029

"-Send the money to Tony (59vetteman) via "Pay-Pal." You can go to www.bobistheoilguy.com and on the left side about half way down select the paypal or master card logo. It will take you to the paypal site. Then under "Payment For" put OIL STUDY, your screen name and member number. If you don't have a Pay Pal account, just click on "Secure Checkout"

-YOU MUST SPECIFY THE MONEY IS FOR THE "OIL STUDY"....or else Tony might think it's a donation (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)

-After enough money has been collected, Terry will be notified so that he can pay upfront for the analysis

-Whatever money is left, can be used to run another test just like the one proposed here or VOAs or whatever else"

quote:

I have a request for checking M1 5w-20 against M1 0w-20 and AE Haas had offered to kick in he majority of the cost.

Lets do it. I'm in.

quote:

Originally posted by Terry:
I have a request for checking M1 5w-20 against M1 0w-20

I really wonder about this one. It could be very interesting, but with Mobil changing their formulas more than some people chnage their underwear, is it worth it? I would assume that AEHaas is interested in what makes the 0w-20 a 0w.

I think it is a shame Mobil pulled their 0W-20 formulation because my guess is it was the most technologically advanced of all their M1 line, even the EP which I believe is more "formulation" than "technology."

I agree pscholte.

Now, does anyone have an interest in breaking down Mobil 1 Truck & SUV 5w-40 versus Delvac 1 5w-40???

Gary???? Thicker is better people????

Michael

Would there be more interest, and more donations, if a half dozen or so 5w-20 oils tested, both dyno and synthetic? None of my vehicles list 5w-20 but I'd like more information because I think oils like 5w-20's going to replace 5w-30 in the near future. I would like to see Red Line, Amsoil, and Mobil 1 included.

I won't use PayPal but if I can use a credit card, I'll pledge $20.00.

I didn't donate so feel free to ignore this post...but has anyone considered using the leftover $ to figure out if gold GC is as good as the green stuff?

nobody will talk but if you guys ran an IR or FTIR on the GC you really need a "baseline" of addtive's. If you did run a whole bunch of polymers and VII's is that list Available? not what you think is in the GC but just what if any addtives and or Polymers you baselined.
any hints
bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back