oil stashes - something new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started about a year ago. I was used to seeing Havoline on sale for 99 cents/quart on a semi-regular basis. Then it went up to $1.29 per quart and stayed there. A local store had it on sale for 89 cents per quart. I stocked up four cases of 5w/20 and about three cases of 10w/30.
I used some up then bought a couple more cases "on sale" at $1.29 per quart after the recent price hikes.
Man, 99 cents seems like sooo long ago!

Local WalMart was getting rid of all their 10w-40 and 5w-50 stash. Picked up new SM formula for $1 per qt for dino, $1.50 for synthetic.

Shop the day after Thanksgiving and look for specials. Pep Boys offered 12qt cases of Pennzoil dino for $11.88 on that day only.

Then there's the buy 3 get 3 free coupons from last year...hats off to Tall Paul!
smile.gif

Finding great bargains makes it worthwhile to stock up. PZ 5qt jugs are $7.28 at WalMart now. That's cheap by today's standards! I feel the urge to buy more Pennzoil....need .... to .... resist...
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by addyguy:
A lot of people on here have oil stashes, ranging from modest to ridiculous. For people who do this, is this something new you are doing, or have you always had a stash of cheap motor oil to do your own changes, top-ups, etc..?

Dude, my stash is not cheap!!
nono.gif
I paid good money for it.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back