Oil shopping USA vs France

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by M119
Thank you BMWTurboDzl, i was curious about actual numbers. I am amazed by fuel prices in the US. In France the taxes are so high that a gallon of regular gasoline costs around $7.50 (1.50€ per liter) and a little less for diesel. E85 is becoming very popular because it's not taxed and is two to three times cheaper. That's the only fuel i use as my average mileage is 40 000 kms each year (avg mileage is 17 000 here).

US may have low fuel taxes but imo Brittany has the best [censored] butter in the world!
grin2.gif

You are so right, can't live without it ! We have a beautiful coast as well.
wink.gif

Last edited:
I thought the choice of oils was very limited in Canada. Now I know that France is even worse. That is strange because in Russia you can buy almost any oil from any part of the world. Ironically, Petro-Canada oils are quite popular. And you can't find them in Canada.
I find that in the UK its more confusing.... 5w30 Dexos 2 C3 for my Vehicle which is a pretty Std oil spec in the UK yet Castrol when it comes to searching only comes up with Magnatec and Edge is premium but Edge is not a recommendation now but it was 2 years ago and can still purchase Edge off the shelf. Now that Psa own the Vauxhall brand it's changed again

Back