Oil Segment on a British TV Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau

Got this segment off a tv show called Fifth Gear out of the UK. Something I'm sure many people know about here but its always cool to see all the [censored] not only from North America
wink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk1LA7i0O0c

Top gear Australia blows...
Fifth gear is ruined by that skinny dark haired guy..the one carrying around the oil jugs in this video. He isn't funny...

Top Gear (uk version) is head and shoulders better than any of these other shows.

I actually watched this ep a few days ago and what i found interesting is that he was able to drive apparently, some distance before deciding to do retarted revs in a low gear for what was apparently, a longish period of time, in order to destroy the engine.

It seems to me (surprisingly) that it was able to go a ways w/o problems, witch is a testimonial to modern engineering and or whatever oil was in there before the drain :p.

Fifth Gear may not be as entertaining to watch as the benchmark Top Gear, but it has improved notably in the last couple of years. Plus they have Tiff Needell, the best driver I've ever seen on any car show.

BTW, watching that as a used car buyer was painful. My Maxima burns about 1qt. per 1k miles and I always wonder. Was it a design flaw? Or was it the soccer mom I bought it from never checking the oil? I'm afraid my next car will have to be new, unless of course the used car owner is a frequenter of these forums:).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back