Oil SCORE!!! Opportunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this Home Depot in No. Va. (I'm not saying where, or **** in Falls Church will beat me to it!) is moving to a new store down the street. They have some oil on clearance.

MaxLife 5W30 and 10W30 in SL for 1.19/qt. They have a LOT of it. They have PP in 10W30 full syn, SL, 1.58/Qt (already grabbed the 14 qt they had of that.. They have Quaker State in 10W30SL, .99/qt. Pennzoil 5W30, and 10W30 in SL rating, .79/qt. All this stuff is old dusty stock (probably the best kind?).

So, if I grab all the MaxLife SL-rated oil, most of it 5W30 and 10W30, what do you do with it in a car spec'd for 5W20? Mix it with 0W20 M1? SL MaxLife is LOADED with additives, right? Dunno about SL QS and Pennzoil. But, at these prices, shouldn't I be building a stash and worry about the blending later? Oooor, just go ahead and use the stuff, spec-be-****ed?

Beep, Beep, Beep....

Back that truck up and buy as much as you can.
smile.gif
Who cares if its SL GF3 rated. And the 5w30/10w30 will shear to a 20 weight oil....so its not like your putting a 15w40/20w50 oil in your car.

WOW!
I missed that thread, but the PP QS, and MaxLife is cheaper by far at this HD..

Must be cheaper than the sale prices so they don't have to move the stuff down the street next month...

If the Pennzoil Syn is SL stock, it is probably their older syn, not the new Platinum. Do the bottles look like the larger 5 qt ones with a little handle on them?
Still a good deal though.

quote:

Originally posted by toocrazy2yoo:
Bought 12 of the Pennzoil Syn, SL "full" synthetic, $1.60/qt, and it was 1.00 off the sale price of $2.60./qt. So if it isn't Platinum, what is it, group III? In any case, it must be more than worth 1.60.

Yea, it is a Grp III I believe, but for $1.60/qt, still a great deal. Should be no problem for 7500 miles (depending on driving conditions of course).

Yep, SL!

SCORE!!!

Went ahead and bought Maxlife 5W30/10W30 for 1.19/QT. SL 16 qts.

Bought 12 of the Pennzoil Syn, SL "full" synthetic, $1.60/qt, and it was 1.00 off the sale price of $2.60./qt. So if it isn't Platinum, what is it, group III? In any case, it must be more than worth 1.60.

16 quarts SL 5W30 and 10W30 Pennzoil for $1.09/qt.

I figure the Dino Pennzoil is good for 3-5K OCI, the MaxLife is good for 5-7500, and the Pennzoil Syn to go 7500-10K with a decent filter, yes? No? The SL rated oils have pretty juicy additive packs, yes? No? It's just a Hyundai 4-banger after all..

It'll have to do..
cheers.gif

No Maxlife at mine. They had it along the wall after you pass through the cash registers--what's left as I was told. Pennzoil Truck and SUV, Pennzoil High Mileage, Quaker State, Pennzoil Plaatinum for $2.60 (not sure if need rebate), and some others. No Maxlife, so I didn't buy any.

Well, the PP is 3.97/qt at WallyWorld, at AA it's 5.58, and same for AZone. 2.60 for full syn, REAL full syn is pretty good. Different stores seem to have different Syn from Pennzoil. Some have the original, and others have the Platinum, both for 2.60.

Not bad...

quote:

Originally posted by toocrazy2yoo:
Different stores seem to have different Syn from Pennzoil. Some have the original, and others have the Platinum, both for 2.60.

And SOME HD's (New England) don't carry motor oil at all
frown.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

PS Have any New Englander's here ever recall seeing oil in HD's?
dunno.gif

I hit the Akron, OH Home Depot last night.
Only thing resembling a deal was $1.58/qt or so for a box of Pennzoil High-Mileage 10W30.
By the way, everything they had was 10W30 or 10W40. As a 5W20 guy, I got zero use for 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back