Oil Rig Demand High, But Not in US

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is no surprise at all. As two of our recent presidents from both parties said, "America has to lower it's standard of living so the rest of the world can raise theirs".

We have PLENTY of oil. They just have no intention of letting us benefit from our own natural resources. Our own "elected" government has decided whilst working with the U.N., the WTO, the central banking system and other "international" interests that the U.S. just doesn't need to be a superpower any longer and China will do a better job in that respect.

The same thing happened to Argentina and it was the same methodology that is being used on us that was used to wreck Argentina.

Last edited:
The current US polical climate does not favor or encourage domestic fossil fuel production.

There is also a massive supply ready to come to the US from Canada, but the current administration has detemined it is in its citizens' best interest to not have access to it, and as such will not approve it.

That proposed pipeline would otherwise increase the supply of energy from a friendly and reliable nation of almost national identical values and interest to US ones, and would have the effect of lowering prices in the US.

It is ironic in that context (in my own opinion) that the very same administration is making a big show of regularly and publicly blaming the evil oil companies for high energy prices.

That is again my own opinion, and I'm likely the only one that sees this irony.

Yes Jim5, you are so brilliant you are the only one to see your own irony. The bottom line is there is not enough oil for everybody, even if we drill in NA it will not save us or drop the price of oil as it is sold on a world market (we can't out produce Saudi Arabia and make a significant price change). We have to foster alternative sources of energy and still we are too late. The bottom line is we are [censored].

Our plan is to let India and China drill and do the hard work and then we will take it from them by force
09.gif

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Our plan is to let India and China drill and do the hard work and then we will take it from them by force
09.gif

And where will we get the fuel for our tanks and planes?

Originally Posted By: wallyuwl
Originally Posted By: chubbs1
09.gif

And where will we get the fuel for our tanks and planes?

Drat! That's exactly what I was going to say!

Originally Posted By: Jim 5
The current US polical climate does not favor or encourage domestic fossil fuel production.

There is also a massive supply ready to come to the US from Canada, but the current administration has detemined it is in its citizens' best interest to not have access to it, and as such will not approve it.

That proposed pipeline would otherwise increase the supply of energy from a friendly and reliable nation of almost national identical values and interest to US ones, and would have the effect of lowering prices in the US.

It is ironic in that context (in my own opinion) that the very same administration is making a big show of regularly and publicly blaming the evil oil companies for high energy prices.

That is again my own opinion, and I'm likely the only one that sees this irony.------- I thoroughly see and concur with your irony. Alas, in the U.S, the current agenda is quite intentional. Its called 'power and control'. Quite disconcerting to see the twinkies voting their wealth, rights and freedoms away. John--Las Vegas.

While it is accessible, might as well take from elsewhere until it becomes too costly. Then when te rest of the world is out, we still have resources plus the top tech companies to bring forward the solitions.

Only problem is that the little guy here doesnt profit from either part. They do get dragged to third world standards as was mentioned before.

This is the same guy who has been threatening to pull rigs and preaching doom and gloom ever since the BP blowout. While I don't doubt that some of this is true, it would be nice to have a bit of cynical disbelief here. Taking this as gospel is like believing the cigarette companies when they said there was no evidence cigarette smoking caused cancer...

Taking this as gospel is like believing the cigarette companies when they said there was no evidence cigarette smoking caused cancer...

Cheetah,

It would be a surprise to everyone to learn the truth about smoking and no one will believe it since they have heard nothing but propaganda for 40 years on the subject.

Nicotene actually has health benefits and smoking is only as unhealthy as it is due to the hazardous materials put into the tobacco by the FDA, the Department of Agriculture and the U.S.D.A.

I'm not about to say that it is harmless and chain smoking certainly isn't good but the real dying is caused by chemicals our government knowingly allows to be put into the cigarettes.

"Tobacco" has never been proven to cause cancer at all. Once it has been "spiked" it does though. There is a LOT of money to be made on cancer and they won't let those billions disappear any time soon. Tobacco isn't the only thing that is spiked with chemicals either. Corn is another one to pay attention to which is why I don't eat it unless it's orghanic.

They just recently added "carpet glue" to the mix under the guise of "saving us from forest fires". Now that they have everyone believing it is the "tobacco" that is causing all the health problems and the FDA took over the tobacco industry they can add whatever they want, charge whatever they want and cash in on the health problems on the back side. Just look at the list of "haz-mat" that they say is in the tobacco and then ask yourself ,"How did it get there?"

Of course no one will believe what I just said just like they won't believe we have as much oil as Saudi Arabia.

It's quite a racket just like the phony oil shortage is.

Last edited:
Trvlr,

My wife is currently a health teacher on the edge of the Bluegrass and the mountains, and has taught one year in Appalacia (far eastern KY). Especially when she was at the school in the far eastern part of the state, the kids would tell her tobacco itself doesn't cause cancer (overe there people grow tobacco and I guess they regularly will take some off the plant and smoke it). They aren't the brightest bulbs over there, but your hypothesis made me think of that. I'll have to ask my wife if it is true or not and what the evidence is either way.

I definitely believe you that we have as much oil as Saudi Arabia. It is just in a different form (shale). Canada is the same way (oil sands). It is a matter of regulation not causing it to be accessible. We also have the world's largest coal reserves (it isn't even close), and 2x as much natural gas as Saudi Arabia does oil. Govt. won't let us get that, either, even though it is a very clean burning fuel.

Chances are your wife will only find out what they want everyone to think. Way back when Clinton was president and they really started hitting the smoking thing hard the WHO was in the middle of a 5 year global study trying to find out what the so-called hazardous effects of second hand smoke were.

Those that were pushing the crusade against smoking assumed that the findings would prove that second hand smoke is killing people by the millions. The result? Second hand smoke doesn't cause any health problems at all. That information was suppressed by every major news organization worldwide.

The motive? It costs about .22 cents to make a pack of Marlboros last i heard. The tobacco companies make a profit of around .05 cents on each pack. Guess where the rest of the "profit" from an $8 pack of cigarettes is going? They have spent all the money from social security and bankrupted medicare. They need to steal more to keep the charade going.

There are other reasons, of course, for the lies but I won't go into those. This isn't the right venue for that. In addition to the lies about smoking the FDA also suppressed information linking fish oil supplements to preventing sudden heart attacks and CQ-10 preventing congestive heart failure.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying it's a good idea to take up a smoking habit I'm just saying that our government has made the habit FAR more unhealthy than it ever was before and they are cashing in on both ends of the equation.

There are also MANY ways the so-called energy crisis (if it existed) they have been scaring everyone with since the 70's could be solved but you won't see any of the solutions come to fruition because it's such a great tool to justify radical taxation just as with tobacco and other things on the agenda. Like wrecking the U.S. economy. Without oil we lose our country. No bombs necessary.

We can thank the global agenda they have been working on behind our backs since the 70's for it all. All anyone with the ability to THINK has to ask themselves is why, if they say they want us to be energy independent, are ALL the sources we have kept out of our reach while countries around the world are using them? Worse yet, mining and drilling for them right HERE!

When Clinton came into office we imported 40% of our oil and supplied ourselves with 60%. By the time he left office we imported 60% and supplied ourselves with 40%. Why when it is a known fact we have HUGE reserves of it even if it IS different from what can be found outside the country.

"They" tell us we are running out of oil yet they close down the gulf to us and invite other countries in to drill for it. It seems to me you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see what is happening right in front of your face.

Our entire economy, our natural resources and our country as a whole is being "sold" off right out from underneath us under the guise of saving the planet and other garbage they feed us.

We refine gasoline right here in the states that WE aren't allowed to use so we send it to Japan so THEY can use it.

Last edited:
Wally? Those people you say aren't that bright? They are a LOT brighter than the members of congress and a whole lot of PHD's. I've been to Kentucky many times and many other "back woods" areas of this country and I've found that there are many with a few front teeth missing and a very poor command of the english language to be more "on the ball" than the majority of college grads when it comes to figuring out things that really matter.

Bringing home a huge paycheck doesn't make anyone "educated".

We also have the world's largest coal reserves.

Yep, we do and for some reason we can't seem to make gas from coal when the Germans were doing it 80 years ago. How about that?

We also can't seem to build propane or natural gas powered cars in mass either.

We also can't seem to build alchohol powered cars eventhough Henry Ford was doing it in the early 1800's.

Gee, I wonder why? It seems that the ONLY thing our government will let us have is technology that simply can't maintain our economy like electric cars, windmills and solar panels all of which need taxpayer subsidizing because no one in the private sector is stupid enough to put THEIR money into those "technologies".

It's a great way to handicap OUR economy while other's (China) are using good old coal and oil because that is what is necessary to run a modern economy.

Originally Posted By: Jim 5

That is again my own opinion, and I'm likely the only one that sees this irony.

Oh no Jim! How could you be so dumb?! (sarcasm) Haven't you figured it out?

"IT'S THE SPECULATORS" and "BIG OIL".

Our own government using the phony "lets save the planet" ruse to cut off our oil supply isn't the problem. It's ALWAYS "the speculators" and "BIG OIL". The talking heads on the idiot box say so.

Supply has nothing to do with it.

Originally Posted By: Trvlr500
Wally? Those people you say aren't that bright? They are a LOT brighter than the members of congress and a whole lot of PHD's. I've been to Kentucky many times and many other "back woods" areas of this country and I've found that there are many with a few front teeth missing and a very poor command of the english language to be more "on the ball" than the majority of college grads when it comes to figuring out things that really matter.

Sure lots of wealthy and prominent people are idiots. But many are not. I don't need a lecture about Appalacia from someone who has just "been" to Appalacia. I live 60 miles from it and teach college to kids who grew up there, and coach high school track at a school on the edge of it. The problem is that they are apathetic. They don't care about things, including their education. Not all of them, of course, but more than from other parts of the state. I'm fortunate to get to deal with the motivated ones, generally.

Sure lots of wealthy and prominent people are idiots. But many are not. I don't need a lecture about Appalacia from someone who has just "been" to Appalacia. I live 60 miles from it and teach college to kids who grew up there, and coach high school track at a school on the edge of it. The problem is that they are apathetic. They don't care about things, including their education. Not all of them, of course, but more than from other parts of the state. I'm fortunate to get to deal with the motivated ones, generally.

My intent wasn't to lecture you. Just to make a point. I've had friends over the years from that area of the country. One in particular was from Kentucky. I know what you mean about apathy.

My "rant" was more directed at the "media" and the government who are constantly telling us what we should think, what we can say etc. etc. and lying to us constantly.

The way they look at us is that we are just the unwashed and can't run our lives on our own. They view us ALL as if we are from Appalacia.

This friend I had from Kentucky years ago was about as "backwater" as you can get but at least he could figure out when he was being lied to and taken advantage of. That was my point.

Last edited:
My intent wasn't to lecture you. Just to make a point. I've had friends over the years from that area of the country. One in particular was from Kentucky. I know what you mean about apathy.

My "rant" was more directed at the "media" and the government who are constantly telling us what we should think, what we can say etc. etc. and lying to us constantly.

The way they look at us is that we are just the unwashed and can't run our lives on our own. They view us ALL as if we are from Appalacia.

This friend I had from Kentucky years ago was about as "backwater" as you can get but at least he could figure out when he was being lied to and taken advantage of. That was my point.

OK. I misunderstood your intent. I know what you mean - the elites treat us "little people" like we can't think for ourselves. It has gotten much worst over the past 29 months or so, if you know what I mean.

OK. I misunderstood your intent. I know what you mean - the elites treat us "little people" like we can't think for ourselves. It has gotten much worst over the past 29 months or so, if you know what I mean.
Most of us can't think for ourselves!!!! Look an how many people voted for Obama, and scarier the rest voted for McCain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back