oil recommendations for 2 cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want some recommendations for my 07 yaris and 95 del sol. Im leaning towards using Pennzoil Ultra for both. I want to use the same oil and grade for both cars so I can combine bottles and get a free oil change eventually. Anyway I only drive about 3500mi a piece in these cars a year. I want a good quality oil in either a 5w-30 or 0w-20 grade. Of course only synthetic recommendations and no Amsoil or Royal Purple. If WalMart doesnt carry it I wont buy it (excluding filters). I will be using Purolator PureONES on both cars as soon as I do the oil changes. Both cars are 1.5L I4's that both achieve between 40-45mpg. Love double the econoboxes!!
25.gif
So anything that will increase my numbers is great. Also anything that will do a good job quieting down that buzzy D15B7 in my del Sol Ill totally buy. Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Pennzoil Ultra and a good quality filter like a Pureone is all you need!

Groovy Tunes!
25.gif

I figure that PU will do fantastic and Ill use their 5w-30 or 5w-20 until they come out with that 0w

Use the 5w30 then you can use it in both vehicles and only have limited weights on the shelf.

the 20wt might be a bit thin for the older vehicle... Probably not but no sense to chance it or keep 2 different weights on the shelf.

M1 0w30 might work for you..

available at Walmart in 5qt jug...

just depends on your preference.

jringo

Originally Posted By: Ringo
M1 0w30 might work for you..

available at Walmart in 5qt jug...

just depends on your preference.

jringo

I really want to try M1's advanced fuel economy line. I still want to know why their 0w-20 isnt in a 5qt.

The Wal-mart in our area has the 5 qt. jug of Penzoil Ultra for $25.00 plus an attached coupon for $5.00.

Pennzoil Ultra every 2 years (assuming warranty is out on both). Either 5W20 (Until 0W20 hits the shelf) or 5W30 whichever gives you the warm fuzzy feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back