Oil recommendation please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I'v been a lurker for quite some time here, as I find this to be the most interesting forum on the internet.

I just bought an 05 Neon (dont laugh) and I am about to hit 1k miles and I am going to do my first oil change. I'v used M1 in my previous cars, but this car I think I am going to use dino or a blend to save a couple of dollars (since this is only a Neon). I only plan on doing 3-5k OCI as I dont drive as much as I used to. I'd say my driving style will be mixed cold short trip with some extended highway. I live in NY.

I was thinking maybe Motorcraft 5w-20 or Havoline. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

What is this world coming to?!? Dodge now specs 5w20 weights? Either CAFE is a monopoly, or there must actually be something to this thinner is better oil regimine...

I'd go Pennzoil 5w-20.
cheers.gif

Good oil and an excellent price. With 3-5k ocis your engine will last a long time.

Havoline or Castrol would be my next picks.

Enjoy the new ride! Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

I've been using Schaeffers 7000 in all my cars for years. Several of my co-workers are also using it. If you factor in the extra milage you get with this oil,it's a low cost oil. 8K 10K even one guy I work with goes 15k miles. We all get the oil analysis done and never has the oil been used up. The only bad thing is you can't just go out and buy it you will have to order it from a sales rep. Plenty on this site, and it will be at your front door in days. I pay around $3 a quart.

His car is NEW. This means a Warrenty.

I doubt Dodge is going to be happy with a 15k oci...
spaz.gif

The lowest cost - best protection is the good Dino changed out 4-5k.

Plus he will get to keep his warrenty in check.

Take care, bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Motorcraft semi synthetic 5W-20 has shown excellent oil tests in all applications. I am thinking of using it in a V12 Mercedes now.

aehaas

any name brand dino should make 5k easy. I would buy on price. watch for sales. enjoy your new neon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back