Oil Recommendation For Street Stock Race Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello forum posters!!

I posted an oil recommendation a while back about racing an Acura Integra. Well, we moved up to a street stock class and I need a recommendation so that I know I am going in the right direction. The car is a 1974 Chevrolet Camaro with a stock 350 V8 engine and stock heads. The car will be running upwards of 6000 RPM. What grade and brand of oil do you recommend for this vehicle? I want to make sure that there is enough zinc and phosphorus to properly lubricate and protect the engine. If you have any questions, please ask. Thank you very much for any considerations or recommendations! I have been thinking of using Rotella T5 15w-40.

Last edited:
I had a '69 Chevy Pick up with a 388 stroker and full roller valve train. I used a 150 hit of N2O and changed my oil after every day of strip use. I used regular 10W40 mineral oil because the of the quick drain intervals. N2O use will load contaminents and shear the oil. I couldn't see a reason for high price Synthetic for one day of use.

I also have a stroker small block with around 550 at the crank w/o any spray. Very radical roller cam and lots of machine work.

I strongly recommend Amsoil Dominator series. At my clearances I'm running 10w-30.

But there are literally dozens of good oils out there. Next?

Valvoline VR1 or Pennzoil GT? VR1 comes in 10W30,20W50,50,or 60. GT only comes in 25W50,50,or 60.

Honestly, if everything is basically stock then any name brand 10w-30 passenger car motor oil should be good. a 15w-40 Diesel oil would be okay too I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back