Oil recommendation for 2011 Infiniti G37x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what you guys would recommend for a 2011 Infiniti G37x. It has a 3.7l V6

I have done some research on an Infiniti forum and people seem to be all over the place. Some use conventional some use synthetic. People are using all different brands.

I have found out that the Infiniti stock fill for this car is there 5w-30 conventional with 1% ester oil additive. I am leaning towards using this.

I guess I am used to seeing people come to a general consensus on my 3rd gen rx7 forum (Castol GTX 10w-30) and my Subaru WRX forum (Shell Rotella T6 5w-40)

Thanks,
Drew

Last edited:
What does your owners manual require for weight and certifications in order to keep the warranty?

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
What does your owners manual require for weight and certifications in order to keep the warranty?

+1. Very important.

Use any 5w30 SM/SN. I used PP/PU, which were shown to hold up well in some people's UOAs. The Nissan "Ester" 5w30 did not hold up well, with the viscosity thinning dramatically with use. Some choose to go out of warranty to M1 0w40.

Infiniti UOA Google of BITOG

Good luck from a former G37S owner.

Manual says Engine oil with API certification Mark *1*3.
Viscosity SAE 5W-30
API SM
Energy Conserving

Thanks coprolite for the useful info and link

Car is specced for an API 5w-30 conventional

Conventional: Valvoline Premium or NextGen preferably
Synthetic: Mobil 1 0w-30 or Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 or Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30 preferably

5000 mile OCI on conventional
7500 mile OCI on synthetic.

See my sig. I use PYB 5w-30 for the severe service 3750 mile OCIs. Stay away from the Genuine Nissan Ester oil unless you have money to burn. Note that Infiniti/Nissan of Canada use Mobil products (conventional, synthetic blend HM, and synthetic) as service fills.

At my friend's Infiniti repair shop, he usually uses Amsoil Signature Series or Mobil 1 EP with the Amsoil Ea oil filters. I think he advises his clients to run 7500 mi intervals.

Different engine -- 2010 Armada does excellent with 5-30 M1/Pur 1 and 7500 OCI. I'd go with PP, PU, or M1 and a UOA at 7k to see where you are at. Nissan's will tear up an oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back