Oil Recommendation 2020 GR Supra (Z4 har har)

Not sure what is the point here? Ravenol is involved in sponsorship here. It does not mean anything more or less, than sponsorship.
My mention of the partnership between Toyota Gazoo Europe and Ravenol was simply a reply to offer clarity to the above Mobil 1 comment.

Also from personal conversations with Ravenol in Germany at Automechanika they will not just sponsor you. They will only partner with you as the physical oils provider to the race car and or vehicles. They more less say they want benefits to both parties and also development. This is very different from other oil manufactures that are choosing to just do a financial pay our for brand recognition. Many might have a dislike or try to put Ravenol in a bad light for whatever reasons. It might be considered by some to be costly but they do make some robust products.

My mention of the partnership between Toyota Gazoo Europe and Ravenol was simply a reply to offer clarity to the above Mobil 1 comment.

Also from personal conversations with Ravenol in Germany at Automechanika they will not just sponsor you. They will only partner with you as the physical oils provider to the race car and or vehicles. They more less say they want benefits to both parties and also development. This is very different from other oil manufactures that are choosing to just do a financial pay our for brand recognition. Many might have a dislike or try to put Ravenol in a bad light for whatever reasons. It might be considered by some to be costly but they do make some robust products.
Oh give me a break. I worked for oil company as a test driver. We sponsored numerous teams, and it is ALWAYS for mutual benefit. Every race we would analyze oil, engines and data. It is always for mutual benefit, how to get better oil and how to help team.

The engine oil and lubricant supplier or first fill for all Toyota GR Supra GT4 race cars is Ravenol not Mobil 1. Mobil is partnered with Toyota for the endurance Le Mans, rally cars, and im sure some others. Toyota Gazoo racing uses several oil manufactures depending on the race cars and also the division or region of Toyota Gazoo racing. The GR Supra GT4 is assembled in Germany at the Toyota Gazoo Europe (GMBH) location with Ravenol oils. Also the recommended oils for the GT 86 race cars is Ravenol. Below are a few screen shot of info from Toyota. They also have a brochure that highlights this. With a little google searching some more in depth info can be found as to the exact products Toyota is using in the GR Supra GT4. Hope this helps. A little information and food for thought.

View attachment 25026

View attachment 25027

View attachment 25028
Actually, the Z4/Supra is assembled in Austria by MagnaStyr, a contractor that builds low volume cars for major manufacturers. The Porsche Boxster is assembled in Finland by a contractor.

Back