Oil Rec-2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, new to the forum. I own a 2013 genesis coupe 3.8 V6 rspec manual transmission. I did the first oil change at 3500 miles by the dealer and they put in Mobil 1 5w-30 full syntectic. Im currently at 7200 miles and looking to do the second change myself.

1. What kind of vehicle you have
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 V6 R-spec M/T

2. What your owner's manual says -- not just viscosity, but certifications (look for acronyms like API SM, ILSAC GF-4, etc.) and change intervals as well
5w30 synthetic, API service SM, ILSAC GF-4, ACEA A5 or above*3

3. Where you live
Miami, Florida. Wheter is mostly hot with temperatures around 90 deg, and winters it gets down to about 40 deg.

4. How you drive (easy? hard? fast? slow?)
Short trips, under 10 miles to work everyday. sometimes pulling a liitle hard.

5. What your daily drive is like (short trips? long trips? city? highway?)
short trips mostly. ocasional 30 miles + trips.

6. Whether your car has any known problems
no problems. car is only 8 months old.
I have an SRI intake, magnaflow exhaust, getting a tune next week hopefully and an overbored throttle body and getting pulleys in two weeks.

I was looking at Amsoil 5w-30 but i would like to get some feedback from you guys.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I own a 12 Hyundai Accent and run Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 with a short ram injen intake and have great runs. Also ran Redline Oil 5w30 and it too as run well.

I'm guessing all those mods would void any engine warranty you have from the factory so you are free to run whatever oil you'd like. I'd stick with a name brand full synthetic like PP or M1 in 5W-30. If you start tracking the car, you may have to go heavier. Depends on oil pressure and oil temp readings.

If you like Amsoil then use it. Buying it from Pablo here will get you likely the best possible price.
And extend the drains.

My son has the same car here in Wisconsin and I used 5W20 P Ultra... We used to use 5W30 but his car seems to like the 20 weight. I believe someone else on this forum posted oil results with both 20 and 30 weight and the 20 came back with great results. Your car your choice...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back