Oil prices up at walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just paid $12 for the 5 qt jug of Motorcraft 5w-20. I think it was the same price as last time. Maybe I better go get a few more jugs if the price is going to go up.

Sounds like the prices are going up. I saw MC for $10:50 and PYB for $12:50 just a few weeks ago. Maybe more people start doing their own oil changes in summer.

Oil is up in general at Walmart... I wish their supertech oil brands would go down so they were a better value...

Oils are a loss leader at Wal-Mart. Lure you in and you buy other stuff. Shoping volume is now increasing at Wal-Mart and so the loss leaders are not as necessary to get folks in...so price goes up.

Originally Posted By: Paulson
Oil is up in general at Walmart... I wish their supertech oil brands would go down so they were a better value...

A few days ago they had ST in 5 qt for $10. Was it less than ten dollars before?

Originally Posted By: beast3300

A few days ago they had ST in 5 qt for $10. Was it less than ten dollars before?

It was $9.50 last week at my local WM.

Originally Posted By: Boomer
Oils are a loss leader at Wal-Mart. Lure you in and you buy other stuff. Shoping volume is now increasing at Wal-Mart and so the loss leaders are not as necessary to get folks in...so price goes up.

Couple things wrong with your statement....
1. Wal-Mart does not lose money on oil. The only time they lose money is when they clearance it out to reset the mod.
2. Same store traffic is down in the US for Wal-Mart.

Please tell me where you get your facts

Originally Posted By: Silver02ex
Originally Posted By: beast3300

It was $9.50 last week at my local WM.

Same here... $9.50. Wish it was going for about $8 a 5 quart bottle!

Same for the full synthetic... I use it but it's not much cheaper at $17 for 5 qts than QS Full Synthetic or PP...

Originally Posted By: toyotaguy
The full end display had ultra still at $28.00

PU is $20 for a gallon at AA ($5 a quart) vs. $28 for 5 qt. jug at WM ($5.60 a quart). WM should lower PU to $25 to be competitive.

Originally Posted By: TTK
Valvoline Synpower is 24.50....higher than Mobil 1 at 23.50.

Wow. I just don't get that.

Originally Posted By: modularv8
Yea, it was expected. I just hope this is the end of the price hikes.

Lube Prices on the March

Nice find. Glad I got in on the Kragen Synpower deal and stocked up. Have enough on hand to take me to the end of 2011.

FYI. . .I just scored some Penn Platinum 5w-20 on sale at the WM in Mechanicsburg for $20.50. . down from $23.00, and they had a LOT of it in stock. Have been using the QS UD, but thought I'd try PP for a run. . . .

Originally Posted By: Robster
FYI. . .I just scored some Penn Platinum 5w-20 on sale at the WM in Mechanicsburg for $20.50. . down from $23.00, and they had a LOT of it in stock. Have been using the QS UD, but thought I'd try PP for a run. . . .

Yes this reduction happens a lot. In many places it is permanent. Generally never buy it for $23 - it will always be reduced to $20.50

Folks, no need to panic.

Walmart can't beat this....

oil sale

IMO individual quart jugs are more convenient and you need not have to stand in a long line at the counter unlike at wally w.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back