Oil pressure switch / sensor question

Need to replace my oil sending unit switch on my 70 BBC. No one had the AC Delco (G1807) unit but Autozone had their Duralast brand (PS24) which cost and looks the same. Any difference?

Rock Auto…

Suppliers for house brands change constantly and there may be more than one at any given time. Best to look physically at an OE vs. the Duralast and see if they have similar manufacturers marks, codes, etc. Otherwise, yours is a difficult question to answer remotely.

Thats not what I asked.
You stated that nobody had the AC Delco part, someone posted a link to it. Why the abrasive feedback?

If you're concerned with quality and have hesitations, order the part from Rockauto; it's the closest you're going to find to OE.

Realize a Duralast part could come from absolutely anywhere. One Duralast PS24 part in Texas might be a completely different part (place that made it) than one in New York, due to supply chains, logistics, etc. Duralast is just an Autozone brand where they slap the name on things they get from different manufacturers. Who actually makes the part can change from year to year, month to month, state to state. So your question is almost impossible to answer unless you can physically see the part.

A good portion of Autozone electrical parts are made by Wells. The temp sensor should be ok, if not go to Rockauto and get the Delco one.

You stated that nobody had the AC Delco part, someone posted a link to it. Why the abrasive feedback?

If you're concerned with quality and have hesitations, order the part from Rockauto; it's the closest you're going to find to OE.

Realize a Duralast part could come from absolutely anywhere. One Duralast PS24 part in Texas might be a completely different part (place that made it) than one in New York, due to supply chains, logistics, etc. Duralast is just an Autozone brand where they slap the name on things they get from different manufacturers. Who actually makes the part can change from year to year, month to month, state to state. So your question is almost impossible to answer unless you can physically see the part.
I was only looking as to a comparison of parts, not where to get them. Sorry if I came across abrasive.

I was only looking as to a comparison of parts, not where to get them. Sorry if I came across abrasive.
No worries, but a comparison is really difficult to make. Depending on how low/high volume an item this is, the Duralast could very well be the same as the AC Delco. Perhaps not.

What I've found helpful is comparing images-- often Autozone will have a good image which you can compare to the ones shown on Rockauto (for example, the AC Delco part). Sometimes I've determined aftermarket parts are all the same (not unusual with electric parts/sensors) just by comparing photos, or in rare cases, the same as OEM.

But if in doubt and quality is important to you, AC Delco is probably the way to go, even though it's highly unlikely it's truly the same OEM part that was installed in your vehicle. But I trust an AC Delco branded part over a Duralast. In my experience, Duralast/Autozone picks the lowest cost supplier/manufacturer that will offer an acceptable level of quality.

Back