oil pressure drop when on throttle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2001 Toyota Celica GT-S with the 2zz-ge engine. I just installed a Mocal oil cooler and Autometer oil tmep and pressure guages.

I remote mounted the pressure sender using a 12 in long SS braided line with 1/8 in NPT ends. The other end is mounted to a hole I drilled and tapped into the side of the Mocal sandwich plate.

My issue is that when I go from say 15% throttle at around 3000rpm to 90-100% throttle I see a small oil pressure drop (about 5psi). Is this a problem? COuld this be because of my remote mounting? Also sometimes at idle it will fluctuate +-5psi without any noticable RPM change. I can't remember if this happened before as I jsut noticed it now (the gauges have been on for about a month).

The oil is Chevron 5w-30. My last UOA showed awsome wear using M1 10w-30. Should I be worried? Is it perhaps the oil filter going into bypass momentarally?

Normal.Most aftermarket guages are not precise enough to show a 5 lb difference.

I have seen this same scenerio(sp) on several cars/trucks I have owned.

It's my guess that when you step on the gas the crank drops slightly in the bearings which opens the oil feed passages a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back