Oil Pan Rust On F 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: Captain_Klink
i paid 1300$ to replace the oil pan in my econoline.
never buying ford again.

compared to my dodge colt: pan costs 50$. labour - another 50$.
and i only replaced it because i wanted a brand new one that the oil pan heater would stick to properly.

You are comparing the oil pan job on a full-sized van to a small economy car? I can do the one on my Mustang in the driveway by dropping the motor mount bolts, does that make it better than your Colt?

Come on, that is hardly a great comparison......

Yeah, I thought that was funny too. Lets compare the replacement of a oil pan on a full size van to a small front wheel drive car.

Virtually every van in the same class is going to be a PITA to do engine work on.

i believe it is a ford issue. i'm surprised to hear it is STILL an issue. i had to replace several oil pans on f series trucks, with the 300 engine, back in the late 80's and up to the early to mid 90's.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
i believe it is a ford issue. i'm surprised to hear it is STILL an issue. i had to replace several oil pans on f series trucks, with the 300 engine, back in the late 80's and up to the early to mid 90's.

Comically, the pan on my '88 F-250 was rock solid when I threw the engine out and plopped in a 302HO.

Regardless of potential past pan issues with the older Windsor (and Windsor-era) engines, the engineering # for the pan on the engine in this thread is from International, NOT Ford, as indicated above.

Meaning this is NOT Ford's "issue".

For this application, its an International/Navistar issue. We don't see rusted out parts here, unless its on a car from a different part of the country.

the most commonly sold pans for us are on the Duratech v6's since they are prone to stripping out the drain plug.

A friend has three Ford pickups for his business, and I think they all had oil pans rust through after a very short time. Very expensive repair as I recall; he was not happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back