Oil may go the way of......the dino

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised no one else has chimed in on this.

Could this new technology be a replacement for our current 'anti-wear' additives?

HOLY SMOKES! I'm still trying to grasp the idea of 5W-20; and now you guys are laying this one on me?
shocked.gif

No, they are not talking about Slick50.
This seems to be developed in Poland, and you have something that seems to be very alike it, developed in Ukraine. This is the stuff called Xado, as mentioned here at BITOG. You can drive a car at least 180 miles with that stuff. They have used this stuff in the Paris-Dakar rally, and have won in 2002,2003,2004,2005 and 2006. With this stuff, it seems that you can use the cheapest group1 dino oil in any engine and still avoid any oil-related engine-trouble. I use the Xado myself, and I am still impressed. Personally, I would not drive an engine with high rpm without oil, because the oil also is a "shock absorber". I think there will be a lot of simmilar products that will show up the next few years, because the research in that area is rather massive. However, the average person will probably not take use of it because he is not interested or does not understand how it works. Just see the massive critic and prejudice against synthetic oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back