Oil locked up

I went to a different Walmart today as the one by me is never stocked. I was after some
Castrol EDGE LL. I found it but it was under lock and key. I pushed the button and the wait began. Finally had to hunt someone down. My Wife was laughing over the whole situation. This was a first for me. BTW this was in Poway CA. not in a run down area at all. More of a middle to upper class neighborhood.

Our local Walmart has lots of stuff locked up that didn't used to be. I will have to look at the oil section.

Lowlife thieves often target nicer areas, as initially there's less expectation of the theft threat. Of course once it becomes a pattern, the stores become wiser and lock up the items that the thieves like to make grab and dash runs on.

Never heard of people stealing oil from Wal Mart but -- in this day and age -- totally believe it. :(

People often buy a jug for an oil change, pour the old oil back into the container, then return it. Some of the clerks never check and it gets put back on the shelf for some poor sap to pick up.

Absolutely nothing that happens or doesn't happen at Walmart surprises me anymore. All the stereotypes that you think of have become even more factual in the last few years.

I paid a visit to one back in May. It was an utter zoo, with idiots galore. They had a police officer watching over the only entrance/exit that was open due to Covid regulations in our area at the time. As I left I jokingly said to him, "they ought not to let crazy people in there"....at which point he responded, without missing a beat...."brother, if we did that there wouldn't be anyone in there".

Last year we had a guy bring in a gang. He asked for assistance so he could get playstation 4 then put a gun on her. His look out greedy and grabbed a couple more
What they failed to notice was a legal gun owner who stopped them
Walmart has banned guns now

No, The filters were out in the open.
That's funny. Mine just locked up the filters, but not the oil. I don't buy either there anymore, as there's another location I pass by almost every day that doesn't lock up either one.

Absolutely nothing that happens or doesn't happen at Walmart surprises me anymore. All the stereotypes that you think of have become even more factual in the last few years.

I paid a visit to one back in May. It was an utter zoo, with idiots galore. They had a police officer watching over the only entrance/exit that was open due to Covid regulations in our area at the time. As I left I jokingly said to him, "they ought not to let crazy people in there"....at which point he responded, without missing a beat...."brother, if we did that there wouldn't be anyone in there".
Hahah dude I’m in the same boat; Wally World pricing is so cheap for oil I’ll often go there but I’ll go there at 7:30 am on a week day to avoid the crazies. I have been doing tractor supply recently because with rebates RGT comes out cheaper there and they have 0w20 and 5w30 in that oil but honestly I’ll avoid that place in the afternoon as there is an almost equal amount of jackassery at Tractor Supply (people deliberately trying to start **** over the mask mandate with the minimum wage employees tasked with enforcing it is the new soup dujour). Outside of oil, filters, and having tires installed you couldn’t pay me to go to a wal mart.

I don't think it's for normal theft (as in, walk out the door with a jug). Sounds like it's for people taking the good oil out of the bottle while in the store and pouring used oil (or another fluid) into the bottle and putting it back on the shelf. I'd love to see someone try to walk out with a 5-quart jug in their pants. Gotta be a big bruh to pull that off!

The Walmart’s near me have the contraceptives locked up. I wish they weren’t locked up because the people who steal and can’t afford them don’t need to be bringing children into this world in the first place.

The Walmart’s near me have the contraceptives locked up. I wish they weren’t locked up because the people who steal and can’t afford them don’t need to be bringing children into this world in the first place.
Isn’t plan b free in a lot of PP clinics and stuff like that?

I do admit to shoplifting a pack of condoms from the pharmacy a long long time ago, not my proudest moment but I was 15 so you can give it a pass...

Back