Oil life Rule of Thumb from another forum. Good advice?

LOL. They are in business to sell new cars after they squeak the purchased ones by the warranty period.
Average age of vehicles on the road is 12 years (in the US). Average miles driven per year is 14k meaning the average vehicle on the road today has over 160,000 miles. Seems to me vehicles do well more than "squeak" by their warranty but you believe whatever you want... 👌

Average age of vehicles on the road is 12 years (in the US). Average miles driven per year is 14k meaning the average vehicle on the road today has over 160,000 miles. Seems to me vehicles do well more than "squeak" by their warranty but you believe whatever you want... 👌
Good Point. I will modify my post...

LOL. They are in business to sell new cars after they get the purchased ones by the warranty period long enough so the owners
won't be run off from purchasing another one of the same make.

Thanks for the input. I feel better.

I have been following this thread, and think the formula is good, but am wondering if time has a factor in all this. As in my cars that are only driven in summer long trips, but only 1000 or so miles per year. And my daily driver that gets lots of short trips and only a monthly long trip year around but still takes a year and 1/2 to 2 years to get to the miles that the formula figures out too.
Most mechanics will change oil at least once every 12 months regardless of low mileage. I was taught this was to prevent / remove any fuel contamination and moisture that can occur to a vehicle sitting too long unused.

I just changed mine after a year and 5500 miles with 239 hours. Was going to change at 200 hours but life got in the way. Using the fuel formula I come with 6k.