Oil Leaking from Drain Plug

You can buy one for x number of cents. However how do you know its the right thickness? How do you know its the right material?

Yes, there is the money cost which is tiny, but then there is also the time cost of seeking out the correct washer. If you buy your filter at a parts store, then you gotta drive to the dealer to get the proper washer. If you never had issues not replacing washers, there is no reason to waste your time.

I haven't done any oil changes on this car btw. I will look into the washer and possible damaged threads.
Might be bad threads so good call to check that out. You can buy a drain plug with a rubber washer and probably never need to change it if it’s just a bad washer.
Last time I had my wife’s piece of junk grand caravan head replaced by the dealer they torqued the drain plug so tight Godzilla wouldn’t have gotten it off. Ended up buying a new oil pan and replacing it and of course the oil and filter. I guess atleast they changed the oil after the repair. Shoulda charged them for it actually but didn’t think about it. So if the threads are bad you can either rethread to a larger bolt size or just replace the pan

Back