Oil Leak

I noticed a small bit of oil which looks to be coming from...where I'm pointing in pic. I tightened the two bolts underneath it but they were already tight. The oil filler neck is up top.
Sorry that is an awful explanation, see pic.

Ride on husqvarna.

mower.jpg

That's the case joint-- you'd have to remove the engine from the machine and split it open to re-seal. So probably just let it leak.

The oil fill tube above has an o-ring seal where it meets the case, so make sure it's not just leaking there and running down.

This looks like an issue I just fixed on my LT150 with a Kohler engine. I did replace the dipstick o-ring, but it was the head gasket leaking on mine. I also did a lower main crank seal last year because I thought that was the issue. When I split the case there were no signs of oil coming from that area. Personally I'd clean the engine up fairly well and see where it comes from. With the shroud and flywheel fins on top of the motor trying to pull airflow to cool the engine oil mist travels fast and far.

just my $0.02

+1 on replacing the dipstick o-ring first, that is usually the culprit. They harden over several heat cycles and don't seal correctly.

No it pulls straight up and out. Having the top end attached to something prevents it from coming out during operation.

Back