Oil inlet hole difference between Honda and Wix

cos

Oil filter pics.jpg

The number and diameter of the oil inlet holes makes it look like the Honda factory filter (A93021) will flow way more oil then the NAPA Gold 7356 I just installed. The Honda filter is on the left.
2020 Honda Accord 1.5/CVT.

Thoughts?

As long as the total hole area is equal or greater than the mounting spud oil hole feeding the engine then it won't matter much if any. The NAPA Gold might add a hair more delta-p across the filter, but it won't matter because: Positive Displacement Oil Pump.

As long as the total hole area is equal or greater than the mounting spud oil hole feeding the engine then it won't matter much if any.......
This ought to be a sticky statement on OF flow and inlet holes. That way just say see statement at top. Can't have more flow than inner area of engine mounting stud. Bet dollars to doughnuts 5/7356 total area inlet holes more area than mounting Honda block mounting stud hole.

Used many many NG7356 on multiple Honda vehicles, never an issue. If the OP isn't going to use the 7356, can send it to me. I'll use it.

This ought to be a sticky statement on OF flow and inlet holes. That way just say see statement at top. Can't have more flow than inner area of engine mounting stud. Bet dollars to doughnuts 5/7356 total area inlet holes more area than mounting Honda block mounting stud hole.

Used many many NG7356 on multiple Honda vehicles, never an issue. If the OP isn't going to use the 7356, can send it to me. I'll use it.
Ding ding ding we have a winner.

There were more than a few previous threads on the subject of holes.

Back