Oil Hits Lowest Level in 6-1/2yrs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Ban charcoal grills, that will do it. The "train to nowhere" will help.

Who in the dickens votes for those loonies? The big turkeys are always trying to get rail into Fl too, and it makes no sense at all. Unless you are a state employee, then it's job security...

What is the price spread on gas station Diesel prices compared to gasoline in the USA?
I'm paying about 12% less for Diesel, but the Duramax option added $100 a month to the payment and likely uses less fuel than the 6.0L gasoline engine.
If the price spread in favor of the Diesel stayed, then the option will more than pay for it's self on another new truck.

Would anyone know if those 6L gasoline engines are gas guzzlers in 3500s?

FYI in case you want to Google it or do additional research, the technical term for the price differential between crude and refined products is "crack spread".

Just saying so you don't spend a lot of time searching around.

Originally Posted By: used_0il
I took your advice and Google'd "crack spread".

I remember when the CEO of the airline I worked for first used that term. He started chuckling as did everyone else. From then on if he didn't say "crack spread" at least once in his talks everyone was disappointed.

I guess he just had to fit that into every speech with a new angle each time.
During the reception, everyone was "Dancing Cheek To Cheek".

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Ban charcoal grills, that will do it. The "train to nowhere" will help.

Who in the dickens votes for those loonies? The big turkeys are always trying to get rail into Fl too, and it makes no sense at all. Unless you are a state employee, then it's job security...
Seems people in FLA. are crazy but Californians are just plain stupid.

Update:

One station now selling reg @ $2.01/ga. in Austin! At least a dozen others are now down to $2.15/ga. When I filled up a week-and-a-half ago, the best I saw was $2.22/ga.

This will be a major boom for everyone, at all income levels, just in time for the Fall shopping season leading to Christmas. Great timing. Watch for some idiot politician to take credit for it...

Near philadelphia pa. 2.47 for regular. I'm waiting for my Pa natural gas to be widely available for cars. Supposed to be 1/3 the cost per energy unit than gasoline. I dunno much.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Update:

One station now selling reg @ $2.01/ga. in Austin! At least a dozen others are now down to $2.15/ga. When I filled up a week-and-a-half ago, the best I saw was $2.22/ga.

This will be a major boom for everyone, at all income levels, just in time for the Fall shopping season leading to Christmas. Great timing. Watch for some idiot politician to take credit for it...

Wouldn't count on that for long.......

Station around here is $1.97.

I can guarantee you I can find it for $1.87 if I drive to Central NJ. No reason to buy it in PA with my commute..

My understanding is that every refinery in the country (and probably in the world) is running at maximum output for months and years in an attempt to out-supply everyone else, leading to a surplus of oil letting these prices be low, and any "bump" in price comes when it goes offline.

Bayway Refinery at Rt 439 and Bayway Circle in Linden NJ is the first that comes to mind. And that this gas situation is predicted to be lasting for an extended period of time.

It's the 90s again, folks. I can live with $2 a gallon gas... and I laugh at how mad the oil folks probably are right now. (Industry workers, Oil execs, etc. It's funny.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back