Oil for VW owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
"By the way, that long overdue VW 505.01 certification is coming. Volkswagen is the only one with the test procedures and SW Labs is working to solve this issue where AMSOIL will be tested by January of 06 to certify the test. VW desperately wants to keep their service in house and will be quite upset."

This was out of a news letter sent to me by my old amsoil dealer. I belive there was a post about that cert. a few days ago.

I thought amsoil didnt care about certifications haha.

I love my pre VE TDI. I can use delvac 1, or rotella synthetic.

BTW, vw is going to stop using PD technology in favor of sticking with common rail. Simpler for them.

I think people tend to use the words testing and certification interchangeably.

Amsoil does care about testing, they could give a hoot about the paperwork, it seems. They DO make an effort to find out the testing protocols and if they don't have the same or very similar capabilties - attempt to "get" them.

quote:

Originally posted by robnitro:
I thought amsoil didnt care about certifications haha.

I love my pre VE TDI. I can use delvac 1, or rotella synthetic.

BTW, vw is going to stop using PD technology in favor of sticking with common rail. Simpler for them.

I think PD technology rocks. It makes everything so simple. No high-pressure pump, no expensive common rail. PD is such an amazingly reliable and simple concept, I can't believe VW would abandon it.

sez vw. they want to simplify the vw/audi alliance, i wish i still had the link to the article which was linked on tdiclub

common rail is easier to meet emissions standards with anyhow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back